+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How should I handle this situation?

How should I handle this situation?

My boyfriend and I have been together 8 months we are both 28 and in the military. He was recently transferred to Hawaii about 5 months ago and I am stationed in Southern Cali. In order to be with one another we both agreed that one of us should get out. He wanted to get out to go back to school but has 3 more years left on his contract while my out date is nearing this upcoming year so I have made the decision to get out and move my child any I to Hawaii where I will go to school full time. I wont be getting there for another 3 months in the mean time we talk daily and have a strong relationship he is a good boyfriend and treats me right. When he first moved 5 months back he told me that one of the girls that work here with me asked if she could stay at his place with a male friend of hers so she wouldnt have to pay for a hotel while in Hawaii. He agreed but he recently called and told me that she told him that there was a change of plans and now she would be bringing a girlfriend vice a guyfriend. I know the girl and I know that she would not try and hit on my boyfriend but I am still upset just for the fact that two women will be at my boyfriends place while I am so far away. I told him I was upset and he told me that he could stay at his friends place while they are down if it made me feel better but it doesnt. Im not physically jealous of the girl, my boyfriend doesnt know the friend she is bringing along but I am jealous that they will be spending time with him while I cant. She already bought the tickets months back and I cant help to be upset about the whole situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Lm2010 View Post
    I told him I was upset and he told me that he could stay at his friends place while they are down if it made me feel better but it doesnt.
    Seems like it should be an acceptable compromise. What's wrong with this?