+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How do I know if this is the truth?

How do I know if this is the truth?

I made a thread, earlier and I this is an update so I will post the orignal in here

"so i met a girl on a dating site about 4 months ago. we talked on there for a few months then we added each other on facebook and talked on there.

We got to know each other quite a bit by talking and I decided to ask if she wanted to go do something. We decided on minitaure golf.

We went and had a fun time. She was shy, but got more comfortable as I kept talking to her.

When we got done and were leaving she gave me a hug and said it was nice meeting you. i agreed and asked if she would want to go bowling the next weekend. she said yes i think we should and i said is it a date then? she said yes.

then I jumped the gun and made a mistake. I asked "should we make it offical then?"
    Now by this I meant to say, where does she see us at? She wasnt sure what I meant and I aske dif she saw this as a date and she said she thought I just wanted to meet her. I said yes I did and apologized for asking that and she said its ok and gave me another hug. we both said we will see how it goes next time.

when i got home the night i texted her saying i had alot of fun and it was nice meeting her and we will have to do something again soon and she agreed and said we will have to hang out again soon.

im afraid i blew my chance when i asked "if we are official". i did not want to look clingy or desperate.

we have talked since that day so part of me feels like she didnt see it as a big deal."

ok so here is the update.

i work and she also works and is in school.

she has told me before she doesnt have a lot fo free days

our bowling got cancelled this week because she said she has tow ork all weekend and will be busy with school.

now I would have no problem believing this but with what happend when i said "official" I am worried she could be using it as an excuse to ditch me.

she did say after this week would be better

should i believe her though

Things come up, you have no reason not to believe her. You are being slightly insecure, and you need to work on that. It will probably end up scaring her off.

If she makes up excuses for next week too, I'd just back off though.

You never ask to make it official, you act to make it official, and right now you are acting like a kid shaking in his boots over the whole thing, unless you can read her thoughts it's irrational to think she is blowing you off on purpose, since nothing official has happened, use this time to date other women is my advice to help distract you from these thoughts of insecurity, and if she gets back to you cool, if not, happens to the best of us.