+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who are you people?

Who are you people?

Howdy pardners!

So I've decided that since I am now addicted to this site, that I need to know who people are around here. So I'm requesting a 'getting to know <whatever>' thread....where people let me know who they are or who they want me to think they are (if they use alter-egos). It would be cool, if there was a way (there probably isn't), to lock out the people who come on here once or twice or d-bags or spammers who just post a lot of nonsense and then leave. The normal, everyday d-bags who have posted here forever are totally welcome though.

The reasoning behind this is because as I read threads or when people respond to my stupid crap, oftentimes somebody will pop-up, to me, from completely out of nowhere. Then the thread usually takes a complete turn into off-topic land...I get confused..everybody seems to know this person but I don't know where they came from. Sometimes I can't discern whether they are even male, female, or male posing as female...if they are liked or despised (ironically, despite the fact I am one of the most sarcastic persons on earth, I myself cannot pick up on the sarcasm from others )...what country their 'flag' represents or if that flag even has anything to do with them (seriously...I don't even recognize the white flag with the red cross that so many people have on here...but it must be England, right? Don't hate me.). So I try to figure out who this person is, usually I cannot, and then I just have to accept that I will NEVER really know who this person is, and then I wind up despising the person just because that is easier for me then actually trying to figure out who they are and where the hell they came from. (Just kidding...I don't hate anybody...yet).

This was just a random thought that popped into my brain as I was reading through some threads. I don't have any ideas. But maybe if you could all come up with some small factoid-type things and then answer them by the end of the week, that'd be great! Mmkay, thanks. (Totally kidding......by the end of the next week should be sufficient).

You can click on a posters name and get a small box that allows you to look at their profile, view posts, etc - in this way you can get to to know more about each person. Yes the white flag and red cross is England. That being said though I think I'm not the only one here who is based in England, but from elsewhere....
    We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make our world.

“When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.” – Lao Tzu

im 40, female, Live in England.
    Wants to move back to Scotland where i was happiest and love the country
    I have 1 dog staffie,labrador x, 2 cats mom and son
    2 kids,
    I have MS and degenerative spine disease
    I love to read,history, my religionis wicca,
    I have 2 tattoos,
    I can be very sarcastic love to debate,i come across as pissy some say
    Im a long way from being a lady and say what i think.
    That should be enough for now if too much haha you read it anyway

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm female and I live in Canada. I've been on this damn forum for seven years.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

I'm 24 and the flag you see is that of Finland (It's in northern Europe).
    Despite trying, I've never actually managed to get a proper date with a single girl but I still believe that my common sense and rational thinking can be of some help to others.
    I'm also here trying to figure out these strange beings known as girls.
    Lastly, I've been letting out plenty of depressed whining that I'm sure most people are sick of already, but are too nice to tell me to piss off.
    I think a few people here might like me. At least, I like them. Most people probably see me just as yet another guy.
    You can't buy love, but you pay heavily for it.

After reading the post from Yet another guy I think this might be my time to post since we live in the same country. (The odds to that are quite small when you look at the population.)

So I'm 20, female, quite recently broken up and still new to this site. I came here looking for help (cause I was too much of a wimp to face my situation irl, I guess). I had no great expectations but I was surprised to see how kindly people responded to my story. I don't regret it one bit.

And well, something more about me..
    - Especially lately I've been forced to see the ugly side of life but my heart is still a kid and I hope it stays that way. I don't think I'm completely naive but a part of me still lives in Neverland.
    - I like pretty much anything unique or unusual. So if you're one of those people who think outside the box then I probably like you as well.
    - I drink my coffee with milk, no sugar.
    - I'm afraid of sharks and bees.
    - My favourite movies are E.T, Requiem for a Dream, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas and pretty much anything from Tarantino.
    - I prefer dogs over cats.
    - Right now I'm eating ice cream.

Oh, and there are probably more qualified people to give you advice since I'm young and have screwed up a lot myself but I'll give you an honest opinion and hope it's worth something.
    Last edited by shamandalie; 13-09-11 at 03:33 AM.

My turn

~ My name is Rebecca (Female.. despite my avatar)
    ~ Im 23 living in Washington
    ~ I don't drink or smoke or do any sort of drugs
    ~ have an associates in Graphic Technologies
    ~ NO kids and not married
    ~ been dating a guy I met at kmart for 3 years
    ~ first came to this site when my first bf/high school sweetheart cheated on me and I needed to vent. I was surprised at how supportive and intelligent everyone was (i.e. Mish). I ended up coming back to this site a year or so later with another bf issue and a few people (i.e. Illusional) remembered me and my situation before and that really hooked me.
    ~ I do this think where I disappear from the forum for months at a time but I always come back to catch up and Im remembered. Ive been here long enough to get a hang of everyone's sex and general personalities and humor
    ~ I would say Im "liked" on this forum, though I have bad blood with member: xxazurexx
    ~ My advice style is either long and logical, or very short and sarcastic. I don't enjoy giving emotional responses

Any questions just ask, talking about myself is one of my favorite subjects
    Edit: Oh yeah and one more thing, Im usually referred to as btr on this forum as a shortened version of my username. Seems obvious but I have been asked multiple times what a btr is lol
    Last edited by bloodtippedrose; 13-09-11 at 01:12 PM.

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I guess since I've come back the last time, I've just been answering stuff. So here's somewhat of a bio:

Name: Matt
    Relationship status: Pretty complicated right now. Making it work.
    Why I came here: Back in 2006, had dated a girl for four years, was trying to make it work. It didn't. She's married now to a much more compatible fit.
    Why I'm still here: I missed the regulars. Don't really care to get into my situation at all, but enjoy the banter here about others' stuff.

Other stuff that other people answered: I do drink (good scotch mostly), don't smoke, don't do drugs. I actually love my job, and I'm really good at it. I have a cat, he's nearly 5 years old. I don't like cats, but I love him (longer story as to how I got him).

I'm generally liked on the forum, but have clashed with just about everyone on one occasion or another.

I get a little too annoyed when giving advice to people who are obviously dumb. I don't deal with it well.

I feel old compared to Rebecca.

I'm a pretty happy person overall. There are things that annoy me, but usually not enough to get me in a bad mood.

I'm a rational thinker. I don't deal well with overly emotional arguments.

I think that's all. You'll obviously ask if you have anything else.

Wow. It is working! Haha.

I like talking about myself too. It's one of my most favorite things to do!

Random things:
    * My name begins with an E and is 4 letters
    * 31 years old (turn 32 in November)
    * IT Manager/Network Admin/System Admin...whatever you want to call me...I do it all. Bachelors degree in ITI.
    * Live in small town Wisconsin. I hate snow.
    * Single, as I usually enjoy to be. But I was hooked up with an amazing/gorgeous chick (the personal trainer/yoga instructor) by my best friend. Things going well so far. Boom.
    * Live with 2 roommates (my friend and his g/f) who are both alcoholics. They have 1 dog, 3 cats, a rabbit, and a gecko combined. I take care of ALL of them while they go out drinking almost every night.
    * I have a hot tub in my backyard.
    * I don't drink, and most of my non-married friends do only that for fun, so I'm typically at home alone, which is cool because I'm somewhat antisocial. Focus almost all my time on music, yoga, and working out.
    * I'm a 'nice' guy through and through. Possibly too nice, but can't be anything else no matter how hard I try. I've never had an enemy. I'm sarcastic. A little full of myself maybe, but probably not as much in real life as I sound on here.
    * Despite being a Type 1 Diabetic for 12 years, I am very healthy otherwise. 5'9", 170 lbs. I've been quitting smoking for about 4 months now. Haha.
    * People apparently like my eyes on here...as does my eye doctor (possibly a little too much). But I've always considered my butt to be my best feature. (I get compliments on both).
    * Came on here to anonymously post my stupid thoughts. Seems to have done the trick to get over it.

And I lied, I DO drink once a year. I too am a scotch man. But I limit it to once a year at my work x-mas party.

Mathis, thank you for the template :3

(which btw is

Name:
    Relationship status:
    Why I came here:
    Why I'm still here:
    Other stuff that other people answered:
    So, without further ado:

Name: Tyler
    Relationship status: single as of a few months ago :/
    Why I came here: I first came here 3 years ago. Things were not going well in my first (serious) relationship. The advice I got from this forum was invaluable, and I was finally able to break things off.
    Why I'm still here: I have come here for the past few years, when I simply needed an extra splash of reality. The regulars are prettty good at dishing it. That, and I like to comment and hope I am helping someone out there.

Other stuff that other people answered: Um... well, shit. I am a post-grad Masters of Information Systems Management major, now working as a Software Developer in a new city. I hang around here partially because reading about other peoples lives is very interesting. If I can give advice to someone in the process, then great, I can return the help that was given to me.

I drink quite often. I typically like the fruitier/ chocolate liqueur concoctions.

I look very young for my age, people typically assume I look 17-19

Reading through this site has made me realize that damn, there are some real shitbags out there. I am a 'nice guy' with a spine, I guess you can say. I will help friends whenever possible, maybe even over extend my friendliness, but people that wrong me I never extend myself to help.

Also I hate cheaters. I have never cheated, and have never been cheated on... but something about the idea of a person willing to cheat on someone that cares about them... really, really pisses me off.

But,besides the topic of cheaters, I am almost always bubbly and happy! :3
    Last edited by TheTooya; 13-09-11 at 01:56 PM.

In a tree somwhere (I'm on the fifth leaf on the 16th branch)
    Quote Originally Posted by Evo1114 View Post

* Live with 2 roommates (my friend and his g/f) who are both alcoholics. They have 1 dog, 3 cats, a rabbit, and a gecko combined.
    Drunk geneticists? nice.

A fellow IT guy. cool.
    He who laughs last, thinks the slowest

Quote Originally Posted by Evo1114 View Post
    * My name begins with an E and is 4 letters
    What the hell man? Evan? Eric? Earl? I've said it yeah? ;P

Quote Originally Posted by bloodtippedrose View Post
    What the hell man? Evan? Eric? Earl? I've said it yeah? ;P
    Feel cheated huh? he asked about other people, but he refuses to disclose himself

Maybe Im just too willing to provide my own personal information :/

Speaking of feeling cheated though, wheres your stats nerdy_guy? Saying youre an IT guy isnt that much info Server Technician? Network admin? Program developer? Have your CCNA or CCNP? C++? Net+? Server+?

Name: Jeff
    Relationship status: Married
    Why I came here:
    I was looking for an answer as to why it is so common for an asian girl/caucasian guy partnership but not the other way around. It was more of a question that just popped up in my head.
    Why I'm still here:
    Well, its nice to meet new people. And I like to know how other people think and or deal with life troubles.
    Other stuff that other people answered:
    Let's see, I don't like talking a lot about myself, that makes me feel like I'm someone full of hot air. Yeah, I'm a software developer, working for an italian company that makes wooden handicrafts. I graduated bachelors degree in Information Technology. I'm not big on certificates, but I have faith in my abilities. I don't drink or smoke. I'm what people would call a conspiracy theorist and maybe a fringe lunatic but I don't really care, I like thinking out of the box (That's what got me here in the first place).

If there's anything else, feel free to ask.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast