+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tips from successful "players", as it were.

Tips from successful "players", as it were.

I'm 25 and live alone, and have no friends in this city. That's ok really, I'm generally very solitary anyway. BUT it has always annoyed me how bad I am with girls and how few encounters I've had. I have also never, ever, "gone out" and met a girl like that. I'd like to achieve that, just for its own sake. Something so basic and simple for most men (many just do it reliably every week) but very difficult for me. Time is already against me and is definitely running out fast. One has to look youthful to pull it off well, of course, and I already look older than I am.

If it sounds silly then just humour me at least.

How, as a lone male, can I achieve this? I look ok, I'm told I'm moderately handsome, and I'm tall enough and have a decent build, so that's ok. But I'm extremely shy and basically terrified of confident people or girls at all. I will obviously be using alcohol as a magic enabling potion.

Is it as simple as picking a venue or event, getting wasted, hurling myself through the doors and then just seeing what happens? Obivously being alone immediately marks me, quite rightly, as some kind of complete weirdo with no social circle (unattractive) but I could easily say my friends are nearby or are meeting me soon or whatever.

I will try to do it this week, get drunk and go and mingle somewhere. I might just have the nerve to randomly go and talk to someone. I'll worry about what to say when I get that far.

Being a player may get you laid but no girl worth anything is going to commit to a player, getting drunk even worse. However why not be yourself ask a girl if you can buy her a drink try the conventional way
    A mistake is always forgivable, rarely excusable and always unacceptable.
    Robert Fripp

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrina View Post
    Being a player may get you laid
    I certainly hope so.

but no girl worth anything is going to commit to a player, getting drunk even worse.
    I'm not really concerned about that. There are various immovable obstructions to me doing any kind of "long term" friendship with a girl so I don't worry about that.

However why not be yourself
    Because what I currently am is clearly unsatisfactory...

ask a girl if you can buy her a drink try the conventional way
    Any more details? How do I go about this?

Women are like animals. They crave flash over substance. Peacock feathers, puffed out chests, croaking--all the bestial things males do to attract mates in the animal kingdom are similarly employed here. If you're lucky you'll find a woman who can see beyond all that. They're rare, but they do exist. Even rarer is the woman who is rational, human and attractive. Good luck finding that.

You can't approach a woman with an open, honest heart. You can't say, in more words, this is who I am, I really want to know who you are. You have to amuse them. You have to wear whatever flashy nonsense clothes they've collectively decided to like this time of the month. You have to guard your true emotions at all costs. Women consider them a weakness. But you've got to hint that there are emotions beneath the surface. Fake them. Remember: anything genuine turns women off.

Rule of thumb: treat them like sexual objects and they'll adore you. Treat them like humans and they'll abhor you. Most important of all, never, ever, ever, ever let a woman tell you what she wants. If you listen to a woman's desires you'll think what she really wants is a nice guy. Wrong. A single woman craves more dicks than the cast of Queer Eye combined.
    Last edited by Jazzersize; 11-09-11 at 11:17 PM.

"""A single woman craves more dicks than the cast of Queer Eye combined"" so very true, but they also better be damn well talented or they get a kick to the curb and wont be invited back to play again.

I'd like to hear some useful tips too.

Kyrina, you responded to eo_ih, but I'm going to assume that your opinion holds for general case and I'd like to give my point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrina View Post
    Being a player may get you laid but no girl worth anything is going to commit to a player
    No girl is going to commit to me either, but at least players get laid, unlike me. To a guy with a huge sexual drive such as myself, getting laid but not getting a relationship is way better than never getting either.

However why not be yourself
    No girl will ever be interested in me if I'm myself. Therefore the only way to attract them is to pretend.

ask a girl if you can buy her a drink try the conventional way
    Getting the girl drunk is actually one strategy players use.
    I consider it wasteful though since most girls aren't worth the cost of a drink.

In my case the problem with the conventional way is that it never works.
    You can't buy love, but you pay heavily for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzersize View Post
    Women are like animals. They crave flash over substance. Peacock feathers, puffed out chests, croaking--all the bestial things males do to attract mates in the animal kingdom are similarly employed here. If you're lucky you'll find a woman who can see beyond all that. They're rare, but they do exist. Even rarer is the woman who is rational, human and attractive. Good luck finding that.
    That would be a man, essentially.

You can't approach a woman with an open, honest heart. You can't say, in more words, this is who I am, I really want to know who you are. You have to amuse them. You have to wear whatever flashy nonsense clothes they've collectively decided to like this time of the month. You have to guard your true emotions at all costs. Women consider them a weakness. But you've got to hint that there are emotions beneath the surface. Fake them. Remember: anything genuine turns women off.

Rule of thumb: treat them like sexual objects and they'll adore you. Treat them like humans and they'll abhor you. Most important of all, never, ever, ever, ever let a woman tell you what she wants. If you listen to a woman's desires you'll think what she really wants is a nice guy. Wrong.
    Aye, I learnt all this myself and do firmly and completely believe it. It definitely works, and once I started basically being a total cunt I had a lot more success. It doesn't come naturally (maybe because it's still so new to me and most men have had 10+ years practice by my age). But I do believe it and I'm getting better at being that way. It's kind of tragic that that's what it takes.

My problem is the initial meeting, though. Having a reason to talk to her, breaking the ice. Once I get her talking I can usually tell if I should pursue it or not, and if I do then she's a sure thing.

A single woman craves more dicks than the cast of Queer Eye combined.
    Not just single women.

Quote Originally Posted by rainydayznnight View Post
    """A single woman craves more dicks than the cast of Queer Eye combined"" so very true, but they also better be damn well talented or they get a kick to the curb and wont be invited back to play again.
    Any further advice from you guys about how to pick up women in the first place would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Isn't it absolutely hilarious that being a horrible, horrible selfish dick isn't a natural male trait, but rather one we're forced to adopt in order to attract the same women who moan constantly about what dicks we all are?

Lol I can't believe you guys actually believe in this sort of crap XD

Everything I've read here besides Kyrina is a load of complete bullshit. Why would you believe this? The only thing I can assume from the posting here is that you must be young to think this way.

Most women appreciate a man who is sincere and geniune...unless all he wants is to get in her pants. It seems to me the only women you are hoping to meet or attract are only interested in the same thing you are - sex with no relationship or strings.

And my helpful advice? Try this site: [url=http://uk.askmen.com/dating/dating_advice/]Dating Tips - AskMen UK[/url]
    We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make our world.

“When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.” – Lao Tzu

You seem to be lacking in self-confidence. Although some of the responses are a bit over-the-top, women really do like confident men. I'm a nice dude...and I have never had to act like a prick to get a chick interested in speaking to me. If you are really down on yourself, no matter how hard you try, you are not going to be able to completely hide that. So, I'd say get yourself to a gym and hit the weights. I know you said you were a decent build, but get even more fit. Seeing your improvement day-to-day in itself will improve your self-confidence. Don't dwell on failures. If you fail in landing a chick, it's their loss, not yours. Also, this may sound dumb, but it does work to a small extent, walk with your chest out and your head up like you own the place.

Quote Originally Posted by Evo1114 View Post
    Also, this may sound dumb, but it does work to a small extent, walk with your chest out and your head up like you own the place.
    Just like the animals do it. ****ing the average woman is one small step away from bestiality.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenswaiting View Post
    Everything I've read here besides Kyrina is a load of complete bullshit. Why would you believe this? The only thing I can assume from the posting here is that you must be young to think this way.

Most women appreciate a man who is sincere and geniune...unless all he wants is to get in her pants. It seems to me the only women you are hoping to meet or attract are only interested in the same thing you are - sex with no relationship or strings.

And my helpful advice? Try this site: [url=http://uk.askmen.com/dating/dating_advice/]Dating Tips - AskMen UK[/url]
    I "believe it" because it's what I discovered myself through two main routes:

1. Trial and error - which behaviours and actions attract women, and which repel them.
    2. Observing and learning from men who are very successful with women.

This led me to a certain conclusion which, when I later went to look this stuff up online, seemed pretty much the same thing everyone else was saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzersize View Post
    Just like the animals do it. ****ing the average woman is one small step away from bestiality.
    Haha. Touché

No girl is going to commit to me either, but at least players get laid, unlike me. To a guy with a huge sexual drive such as myself, getting laid but not getting a relationship is way better than never getting either.
    Just go to your local psych ward and hang around for when they're allowed out for a smoke break... Then just offer them a smoke and next thing you know, in 30 days when they're no longer a harm to themselves and are released... you'll have yourself a sex partner who's only redeeming quality will be how she gets her freak on.

Or you could just join Plentyoffvckbuddies. com (actually known as POF) and hit on the ones just looking for friends, hangout, intimate encounters. You'll find lots of them there.

P.S. Don't get drunk and hit on woman. It's a huge turnoff to anyone worth screwing and you're performance will suffer. They don't have the term Wiskey Dick for nothing. If you ever want a repeat from one of these woman, you'll be denied if you're not very good at what you're being used for.

Cheerio
    Last edited by Wakeup; 12-09-11 at 01:19 AM.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast