+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How important is cleanliness to you?

Quote Originally Posted by bloodtippedrose View Post
    Unkempt facial hair kinda says "I dont care what I look like and I dont give a crap if I ever attract a girl...
    So, he's confident and neither desperate nor superficial. A good impression?

...Ill live at my parents forever with my beer and game console."
    I find your prejudice highly irrational.

If I were to choose which one looks more inclined to touch a child inappropriately Id go with the top, the bottom looks like a computer networking admin
    That's strange. I don't think either of them looks like a child molester. Actually, I've never met a child molester.
    To me, the top one actually gives me an impression of a competent network admin.
    The bottom pic doesn't give me any impression whatsoever.

Also hair keeps in smells and "catches" things. Armpit hair can hold bits of deodorant and can stink, pubic hair can catch bodily fluids and stink, and facial hair can catch bits of food or bodily fluids.
    Why don't you think of it this way: If a person with unkempt body and/or facial hair is clean and smells nice you can tell that they clearly wash themselves. On the other hand, you can't be so sure about a shaved person. They may have skipped a bath or two.
    You can't buy love, but you pay heavily for it.

You're getting really defensive over an opinion and stereotype. I'm telling you that I'm personally not attracted to beards, and I've never met a girl in person that was attracted to beards, Im not saying they're all dirty and no chicks dig beards.

I have met a child molester and I have met several network admins, who you know and what you've experienced highly influences what you view as reality. Theres always going to be preconceptions about certain types of people and backgrounds, the best advice is to keep an open mind.
    My preconceptions make it so when I meet a guy with a beard, Im not attracted to him in the least, but my willingness to keep my mind open allows me to get to know them further or not dismiss everything else about them.
    Many girls don't keep an open mind, or have a mind at all, and they're the ones that would not even give the guy they weren't initially attracted too a chance. So, in a way, having a beard could potentially weed out more shallow people, but if you're looking for a one night stand with a drop dead gorgeous chick at a bar, you might want to ditch the bushy facial hair.

The same notion applies to chicks with mustaches or girls that dont wear makeup at all. While some guys keep an open mind and get to know them or like the natural look, most other guys would be more attracted to those who "take good care of themselves" or "take pride in their looks"

I've always been attracted to a full beard, too bad SO has always refused to grow one. But i didn't know beards could smell if unkempt...

^ Ah I'm assuming you're referring to my post but if you look again I never said beards smell!

^ Ah I'm assuming you're referring to my post but if you look again I never said beards smell!
    Lol. You brought up good points & SO agrees.

You're getting really defensive over an opinion and stereotype.
    I just despise people who let their prejudice control how they treat other people. Discriminating people on the basis of appearance is just as bad as racism or sexism. As long as you acknowledge that your preconceptions are just stereotypes and don't let them affect how you treat other people, it's ok though.

if you're looking for a one night stand with a drop dead gorgeous chick at a bar, you might want to ditch the bushy facial hair.
    Really, do you think so? Hmm, I might try that* but I doubt it's nearly enough. Even with an average chick at the bar.
    I wouldn't call my beard bushy though. I keep it quite short.
    I do have rationalized reasoning behind wearing a beard besides that I think it's cool. Even though majority of girls prefer shaven face, majority of guys shave aswell. If I was an attractive guy, sure it would make more sense to shave so I have a larger pool of potential partners to choose from (in practice, higher chance that a girl I approach prefers my shaving). But since I'm unattractive, it makes more sense to increase my chances with the ones who have less people approaching them that have their favored, non shaved style.

*A side note: I hate the idea of one night stands, but on the other hand I'm horny so I might try it anyway.

The same notion applies to chicks with mustaches or girls that dont wear makeup at all. While some guys keep an open mind and get to know them or like the natural look, most other guys would be more attracted to those who "take good care of themselves" or "take pride in their looks"
    Are you sure that majority of guys prefer girls with makeup?

Personally, I prefer a natural look since they "take pride in their looks" rather than hide it behind a mask. Of course, that doesn't stop me from approaching heavily made up people. They deserve a chance too
    I also prefer girls who don't wear high heels. For some reason I feel that's somehow relevant

Quote Originally Posted by Yet another guy View Post
    I just despise people who let their prejudice control how they treat other people. Discriminating people on the basis of appearance is just as bad as racism or sexism. As long as you acknowledge that your preconceptions are just stereotypes and don't let them affect how you treat other people, it's ok though.
    Everyone judges people and has first impressions, no matter how unbiased we try to be. Im no exception, but I do realize when I do it and never react off of initial emotions, I think thats weak.

I wouldn't call my beard bushy though. I keep it quite short.
    But since I'm unattractive, it makes more sense to increase my chances with the ones who have less people approaching them that have their favored, non shaved style.
    Im sorry to hear you think you're unattractive, Im sure you're not giving yourself enough credit. While you like little quirks, like no makeup, about girls, there are girls attracted to quirks you have, Im sure of it. I prefer a humbled man any day over a conceited pretty boy.
    Also short beards seem much more attractive than bushy beards and many girls are attracted to scruff so I wouldnt feel self conscious about that.

Are you sure that majority of guys prefer girls with makeup?
    Lol im pretty positive guys respond more to girls that have makeup on, not caked on but enough to give the appearance of a smooth complexion, pouty lips and sultry eyes. Im talking the majority here, which you dont seem to fit and you should take pride in that.

I also prefer girls who don't wear high heels. For some reason I feel that's somehow relevant
    I dont know what to say lol I dont usually make judgement calls on people based on their footwear, unless the heels are really high in which case Id think she was horny

Ric is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrina View Post
    To be clean is a highly attractive feature for most of us, lank greasy hair, smelly beards,dirty fingernails, unless of course he is a mechanic or his job entails this they still wash.to be dirty whilst in a relationship is a major insult to the other person.
    To not wash the smelliest areas and expect a kiss with bad breath, or a bj with a stinky penis, these are just major disrespect for the other person.
    Why on earth people cant keep clean that are capable of maintaining themselves should not feel any pleasure or expect any from anyone else.
    Its just selfish inconsiderate behaviour
    I have to agree with this. I am not the most clean person. If I go out for a quick shop I don't see the need to be all super clean (not that I never am). If I go out on a date or whatever, I'll make sure I'm perfectly clean and presentable.
    On regular I shower each day if it's warm and I get sweaty... but when it's cold, I shower more like 2 times a week.
    Sometimes I wear clothes for longer than 3 days, which just means less washing and doesn't bother me.

When I have a girlfriend I'll make sure to always be clean and smell nice for her. I'll put way more effort into my general hygiene.

Granted, I never go out extremely dirty. I just don't feel comfortable when I feel greasy or have very smelly clothes or whatever.

Lol im pretty positive guys respond more to girls that have makeup on, not caked on but enough to give the appearance of a smooth complexion, pouty lips and sultry eyes.
    There's this girlI know (the sex addict I mentioned in another thread). She's quite average looking. She doesn't wear makeup and her hair smells because she washes it very rarely (she wears dreadlocks). She can walk up to any guy in a bar or street and suggest they go have sex and she rarely fails. Guys respond more to how a girl behaves than how she dresses herself. For example, smile is many many times more effective than even the most expertly applied make up. I'm certain that's true for people who prefer make up aswell.

I dont know what to say lol I dont usually make judgement calls on people based on their footwear, unless the heels are really high in which case Id think she was horny
    High heels look like they are really uncomfortable. I appreciate practical girls and trading comfortability for... whatever the girls imagine they gain from wearing heels is definitely not practical. If really high heels suggest that she's horny though... I'm intrigued. I'd love to meet a horny woman in person, if you know what I mean

There's this girlI know (the sex addict I mentioned in another thread). She's quite average looking. She doesn't wear makeup and her hair smells because she washes it very rarely (she wears dreadlocks). She can walk up to any guy in a bar or street and suggest they go have sex and she rarely fails. Guys respond more to how a girl behaves than how she dresses herself. For example, smile is many many times more effective than even the most expertly applied make up. I'm certain that's true for people who prefer make up aswell.
    I know guys are drawn to attitude and personality etc. but in the case of makeup vs no makeup I think, despite what guys say, that girls that go out with makeup get more attention. I guarantee if I went out with my sister to a bar and she was wearing makeup and I wasnt and we both had the personality of a dead fish, she would get hit on more than me. The majority of people are shallow, especially when it comes to initial attraction. Im highly attracted to geeks though, which is kindve an untapped resource so lucky me.

whatever the girls imagine they gain from wearing heels is definitely not practical. If really high heels suggest that she's horny though... I'm intrigued. I'd love to meet a horny woman in person, if you know what I mean
    Well I dont wear heels often because they hurt my feet, though I do think wedge sandals are really cute. But I can tell you that high heels are very practical when having sex being on top. Id say high heels suggest shes feeling spunky, horny, or desperate for attention. Why else?

I guarantee if I went out with my sister to a bar and she was wearing makeup and I wasnt and we both had the personality of a dead fish, she would get hit on more than me.
    Fine, you win the argument. If you have the personality of a dead fish, makeup will give you an edge.

But I can tell you that high heels are very practical when having sex being on top.
    I need someone to show me what you mean in practice Any volunteers?

Id say high heels suggest shes feeling spunky, horny, or desperate for attention. Why else?
    Don't ask me I'm the last person to know what goes on in a girls head.

Everyone judges people and has first impressions, no matter how unbiased we try to be. Im no exception, but I do realize when I do it and never react off of initial emotions, I think thats weak.

Im sorry to hear you think you're unattractive, Im sure you're not giving yourself enough credit. While you like little quirks, like no makeup, about girls, there are girls attracted to quirks you have, Im sure of it. I prefer a humbled man any day over a conceited pretty boy.
    Also short beards seem much more attractive than bushy beards and many girls are attracted to scruff so I wouldnt feel self conscious about that.

Lol im pretty positive guys respond more to girls that have makeup on, not caked on but enough to give the appearance of a smooth complexion, pouty lips and sultry eyes. Im talking the majority here, which you dont seem to fit and you should take pride in that.

Thank god my wife is nothing like you.

haha. Whaaa???

I'm clean. My boyfriend's clean. That's all I care about

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    Thank god my wife is nothing like you.
    Why, do you have a bushy beard?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12