+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How Quick Do You Know You're Attracted to Someone?

How Quick Do You Know You're Attracted to Someone?

With my ex, whom I dated for 4 years, it took him 4 months to ask me out. We were best friends before he even realized he liked me (his words), but it only took a month before he said he loved me.

With the man I'm with now, he asked me out after talking for 3 days, and meeting once.

So, what's the difference here? Could it be age (there's a 7 year age difference between the two men)? Or is it just a switch that a guy can flip? When you meet a girl, or start talking to her, how long does it take you to realize 'hey, I could date her?'

When you want to rip his pants off and take him to heaven.

Age has nothing to do with the way a man feels about a woman. Its the courageous men than open up their mind to the woman their heart melt for within few days. so the man you are with is brave and knows what he wants.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I know if physically you're my 'type' or not... but I know that you will *instantly* become the ugliest person ever to me the mintue you say something offensive or utterly idiotic.

When I meet someone I actually like--not just feel attracted to, or find to be interesting or funny--I feel it pretty much instantly. It's a little weird.

The last time this happened I was working at a new job, and I had a shift with a girl I hadn't met before. Almost immediately I got this connected feeling. I am normally very quiet around people I don't know well, but I struck up a conversation almost instantly. We spent the entire shift discovering all the things we had in common.

Then I got sick for my next two shifts and by the time I came back she had left on her year-long trip to Europe. She might stay there...

Long story short if I want to ask someone out I generally know it within a few minutes of meeting someone. But not all dudes are as weird as me.

For me personally, I have never dated online, I only date women I meet in real life.

I'm naturally a very shy person and I don't deal with rejection very well at all. So before I ask for a girls number, I pretty much have to know that she's into me first. If there's any doubt at all, I won't risk it. And to top it all off, I'm terrible at reading signs. Bottomline, women pretty much have to throw themselves at me. Then and only then will I make the move.

As for knowing if I'm attracted, we men base almost everything on looks and looks only, at least in the beginning. I rarely lose interest in a girl due to personality issues. But I am getting pickier and pickier as I get older and gain more dating experience. For example, I blew a girl off about a month ago because she said some bitchy things to me on the first date. The "old me" wouldn't have cared and would have continued to pursue her anyway. Now days, I am screening much more on personality. I would guess most single guys do very little actual screening when women act disrespectful or bitchy. I can overlook a lot of things, like knowing nothing about sports, but if she's rude early on, or acts as if she could care less about ever seeing me again, I'm out.