+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Business man with crush on girl at McDonalds.

Business man with crush on girl at McDonalds.

I am a very successful business man, but I think I've just fallen in love with this Hispanic girl that works at a local McDonald's.

I have no problem talking in front of a board of directors of companies around the country, although I admit I've always been pretty shy around the ladies. Now whenever I see this girl, my tongue turns into leather and goosebumps goes all across my skin.

She works in the back preparing meals, and we've never talked, but whenever I go in there she brightens up and kind of smiles at my shyly from where she's working, and we exchange eye contact off and on.

I have no idea to approach her. I don't even know if she speaks English. All I know is I don't like McDonald's food much, but I find myself going there for lunch every day just to see this girl again.

I think I'm going crazy.

It's tough. You're going to have to wait for an opportunity.

Does she ever come to the front around where you're eating? You could strike up a conversation with her. You can't pussy out, though.

By the way, how old are you? How old is she, approximately?

That is SO sweet! Its like the beginning of a fairy tale lol. Next time you go, you could ask the counter person to ask her if she will come up and talk to you, tell her something sweet like how you dont even like Mcdonalds food but have been coming in only because you have been trying to get up the courage to introduce yourself to her, and how you would like to take her on a date, or something along those lines. Good luck!

ETA good thought on the age thing ^ You dont want to be hitting on some underage girl!

BTW, I'm 35, and I imagine she's probably 25 to 30, but it's tough to tell!

Quote Originally Posted by theVP View Post
    BTW, I'm 35, and I imagine she's probably 25 to 30, but it's tough to tell!
    Yeah, well you have money to sway in your favor. When you go eat there, do you go in a suit or what?

You should probably take a friend or something to make you seem more approachable. Don't go alone all the time.

If you make brief eye contact with her and smile in a friendly manner she might make herself more available to being conversed with. Like I said, though, if you miss an opportunity it's hard to get it back.

Tell the cashier that the girl (the one you like) was going to help you, and can you talk to her. Then when The Girl comes to the counter, ask her for some BBQ sauce for your fries. Then see if she has a name tag. Tell her your name, like "Hi I'm John. Can you get me some bbq sauce?"

Or tell her the bathroom is dirty. Or, ask her for a bucket of water because your car is on fire. Take her outside, pop the hood, say "Oops, I guess the fire is out. I'm so sorry. Can I make it up to you and buy you dinner sometime?"

(True story, I went through a McD drive through and my engine caught on fire as I was ordering. In addition to my food, I ordered 4 large waters and told the stupid girl my car was on fire but she didn't believe me.)
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Seriously, whatever you do, don't go in to a Mcdonald's wearing a suit and tell the shy girl you like that "the bathroom is dirty"!

Not sure if this was a joke, but I hope it was! It's not the way to let her know you like her by asking her to go and clean up the crap on the men's bathroom floor.

If you're man enough to do it, I suggest you take a small bunch of flowers and ask the girl at the checkout to give them to her. Write a note saying you think she's great and would love to take her out for a coffee one day. If she's not into you it will be a bit embarrassing but no more than that. She will always be happy that someone thought enough of her to take a bunch of flowers into McDonald's and risk getting spurned in front of a lot of people.

Go hard, or go home!

Take a business card, write on the back of it that you think she's beautiful and you would love to take her to dinner, write your number on it and have it given to her. Wait till it's handed to her and she makes eye contact with you, smile and then just walk away and wait to see if she calls you.

I don't mean to stereotype here, but I doubt she speaks much English outside of what she needs to do her job. I don't mean to say that everybody who does that type of job does not speak English, but it is in the category of jobs where you don't need to have a large English vocabulary to do the job well. Again, I don't mean to stereotype, but those types of jobs are good for people who just need to pay the bills until they feel comfortable with the language to pursue something better. My sister-in-law had that type of job when she first came up to the states (she worked as a hotel maid). As soon as she got comfortable with the English language, she quit that job, went to college, got her entire college career paid for through scholarships (including her masters degree), and now teaches grade school.

Quote Originally Posted by Evo1114 View Post
    I don't mean to stereotype here, but I doubt she speaks much English outside of what she needs to do her job. I don't mean to say that everybody who does that type of job does not speak English, but it is in the category of jobs where you don't need to have a large English vocabulary to do the job well. Again, I don't mean to stereotype, but those types of jobs are good for people who just need to pay the bills until they feel comfortable with the language to pursue something better. My sister-in-law had that type of job when she first came up to the states (she worked as a hotel maid). As soon as she got comfortable with the English language, she quit that job, went to college, got her entire college career paid for through scholarships (including her masters degree), and now teaches grade school.
    Who cares....you'd be surprised how easy it is to communicate once your both in the groove. Im sure she knows enough or was even born here. I like to hope this wouldnt discourage anyone in dating someone who speaks another language.....that would be silly and just plain stupid IMO
    Last edited by surfhb; 13-09-11 at 08:51 AM.

True. I personally wouldn't have a problem with it. I have tried it. The girl I'm chatting with now in fact speaks English as a secondary language. However, I do not know about the OP. He said in his post 'I don't even know if she speaks English', which suggests it would be a problem for his approach if she did not.

Quote Originally Posted by TJDVAN View Post
    Seriously, whatever you do, don't go in to a Mcdonald's wearing a suit and tell the shy girl you like that "the bathroom is dirty"!

Not sure if this was a joke, but I hope it was! It's not the way to let her know you like her by asking her to go and clean up the crap on the men's bathroom floor.

If you're man enough to do it, I suggest you take a small bunch of flowers and ask the girl at the checkout to give them to her. Write a note saying you think she's great and would love to take her out for a coffee one day. If she's not into you it will be a bit embarrassing but no more than that. She will always be happy that someone thought enough of her to take a bunch of flowers into McDonald's and risk getting spurned in front of a lot of people.

Go hard, or go home!
    Take flowers to a chick you've never talked to? That is soooo lame. Whatever you do, OP, don't listen to this advice.

OP, you should try to find her a way to make her your mistress. Remember, if the shoe was on the other foot, she'd want nothing to do with you. Since when do executive women wanna date guys at McDonalds? Only if she's a desperate cougar who has a difficult time getting laid.

Like I said, find a way to make her your mistress, not your girlfriend.

Maybe a good way to find out about her is to tell her manager her customer service is great. Then ask the manager about her. You don't wanna date a woman who works at McDonalds with kids, no matter how cute she is.

Quote Originally Posted by James Banes View Post
    Take flowers to a chick you've never talked to? That is soooo lame. Whatever you do, OP, don't listen to this advice.

OP, you should try to find her a way to make her your mistress. Remember, if the shoe was on the other foot, she'd want nothing to do with you. Since when do executive women wanna date guys at McDonalds? Only if she's a desperate cougar who has a difficult time getting laid.

Like I said, find a way to make her your mistress, not your girlfriend.

Maybe a good way to find out about her is to tell her manager her customer service is great. Then ask the manager about her. You don't wanna date a woman who works at McDonalds with kids, no matter how cute she is.
    ... Ugh! ...
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Buy her something from Burger King, hand it to her and smile while telling her "I thought you'd like something different for lunch.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Ahh yes. Burger King. That reminds me...on your first date, don't take her out to eat at McDonalds.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast