+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Does my boyfriend still want me??

Does my boyfriend still want me??

December 2010 i met an old crush even though he had a girlfriend of 3 years at the time. we met a few times and he told me he thought he was falling in love with me. i felt the same so i gave him an ultimatum, finish your girlfriend or you cant see me anymore, so he finished his girlfriend of 3 years.
    We got together and things were great, we were so happy. He asked me to marry him, move in with him and we'd even spoke about having children together. His ex was still seeing all his family and i felt like 'the other girl', we often fell out and argued over this, however i got over it and we were happy. we had been together for nearly 9 motnhs then one weekend i had missed him so much and couldnt wait to spend the night with him, he said he wasnt staying and went home. i told him we were over because he wouldnt spend the night with me, which was really pathetic, i suppose in a way i wanted him to chase after me. He didnt. he ignored me all weekend, and gave me abuse when he did speak to me. he went out with his friends drinking until monday when he asked to meet up with me and said he will give it another go.
    I was thrilled that he wanted to try again, however, things werent the same, he didnt want to be near me, he didnt look at me, he didnt want to sit on the same sofa as me, he didnt want to speak to me. i confronted him about all this and he said it was all true and id hurt him a lot and he didnt think he could forgive me. he told me he didnt want to be with me later on in the week, i convinced him to stay with me and give it one more go. things still werent the same, he wouldnt touch me.
    then he told me he couldnt be with me anymore the following monday when i had finished work. i was devastated, hurt more because i knew it was my fault. he was determined he didnt want to be with me. i was suspicious of him cheating so i logged onto his phone bill on the internet to find he had been texting and ringing a phone number late at night and when he wasnt with me. i rang the number, it was a girl. she put the phone down. i asked him who he had been texting and he said no-one. then he said i had been on his phone bill so the girl must have contacted him to tell him she'd had a phone call off of me. so at this point i knew i was right. he then addmited to texting someone but still wouldnt tell me who she was. he said she was there for him. later i found out the girl was his ex, the same girl he finished back in decemeber to be with me.
    i was furious and asked me why he'd text her, he said it wasnt her but then later on addmitted it. i was mad and angry and upset, didnt know what to do, i loved him so much and didnt want to lose him. i spoke to his ex later on that night on the phone, she said he had been texting her for the past couple of weeks becaus he said he didnt know if he wanted to be with me. she said they never met up and they spoke on the phone once and he was crying. i spoke to him and he said that he text her because hes close with her, bearing in mind they had no contact for 8 months. he said she was there for him when he needed someone.

he's now met me and told me that he wants to try with me again to see if his feelings will come back for me. i said yes we will meet up as long as you dont have any contact with your ex and you tell her that too. he told her and agreed not to have ay contact with her. he seemed upset to tell her and insisted that he told her when he was on his own.
    i dont know what to do, he says he has no feelings for her and she was just a friend that was there for him. he didnt tell me he ws texting her and he lied when i confronted him. please help me, i dont know what to do??

End the relationship. As the saying goes the grass isn't always greener on the other side and he has obviously discovered this.....he made a mistake by leaving her. Open your eyes, and look past your feelings for a sec and put yourself in his shoes. He has discovered he is deeply more connected to his ex than you. He has invested 3 years into that relationship, she has bonded with his family which he finds most indearing, and the fact after 8 months, without resentment was there for him, supported him when you were being over baring and pushy. You have a needy personality, and it has corroded his persecption of you......of course at the beginning of any relationship, everything is great, that's because you haven't really gotten to know each other. It's called the honeymoon stage, where it's just infactuation. The talk of marriage and kids is just that, TALK, and should never ever be taken as a promise at this early stage of the relationship.

If you really care about this man, you will selflessly let him go. Reality check: you can't force someone to love you forever just because you think they should.
    Last edited by smackie9; 14-09-11 at 03:26 AM.

Okay, he's said he wants to try and see if his feelings blossom for me again. we've been meeting up and we are fine but sometimes he goes quiet and seems really distant, he says its because hes tired but i dont know the real reason. If he doesnt want me then why does he get really jealous when other boys speak to me im stuck, dont know what to do

You want anything to work in a relationship you have to have good open communication with each other.......go talk to him about it.

Quote Originally Posted by kayleighwhopper View Post
    If he doesnt want me then why does he get really jealous when other boys speak to me im stuck, dont know what to do
    It's the male instinct, nothing more. Even if he does not feel emotionally connected to you, he will still have the instinctive jealousy.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Have pity on yourself you must love yourself first. Find a man who will love you truly.