+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Need advice...

Need advice...

I have just joined this forum and I need some help and advice, please. I am married and I love my husband, but I made an aweful mistake. I cheated on him with another man and I feel so horrible and guilty. Understandably, he does not trust me at all but we are trying to make it work. I just dont know what do to help him trust me again. I realize that this cannot happen overnight and will be a long process but I dont know even where to begin. I love my husband and I dont want to lose him. Any advive anyone has would be helpful. Thank you.

Seek out couples counseling. You both have to do this together with a professional.

Well why did u cheat on him? Once you know why you cheated than u can sort it out. Do you really love him or do u just love the idea of being in love with him? How long have you known ur husband for? If its a long time maybe u just love him because it all u have ever known?

That's a tough one. If I ever cheated on someone, I would feel so ashamed that I probably wouldn't even want to show my face in the relationship anymore, but I don't know your story in full, so I won't judge you. I guess you just need to take a step back and evaluate certain things...

-why did you cheat?
    -would you do it again?
    -do you love him?
    -does he love you?
    -etc...

The most important thing is not to lie to yourself in answering such questions about the relationship.

With regard to his standpoint... if someone cheated on me, I wouldn't take them back. If I did take them back, I would never stop thinking about how they cheated. It would be too difficult for me, and I would probably run off. He may be thinking the same thing. Maybe not. Try to talk to him as much as possible.

I hope that helps