+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Forty, single and content as ever!

Forty, single and content as ever!

I find myself being very content without being a relationship? No dates, no romance and no boyfriends at all. Is this normal? I have been in millions of relationships that never work out. Forty single, and working on me right now. I am relaxed and content with being single. Is this okay to feel this way?

Hell yeah its ok! I'm in the same boat as you. I just came out of a fairly long-term relationship and right now I'm just enjoying not having to worry about him or any other him... I'm on my way to Vegas next week for a much needed vacation...and hopefully it's true about what happens in Vegas...lol

If you're happy with your life then the opinions of other people count for nothing.

I haven't been in a relationship for many, many years- by choice. I spent those years getting to know who I am and improving myself spiritually, emotionally, and physically.

I've only just recently started to yearn for a companion. This may be just a phase for you. Enjoy it and take care of yourself for awhile.
    If you carry old bricks from your past relationship to your new one,
    you will build the same house that fell apart before.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    When was the last time you did something for the first time?

I had fun being alone for 6 years after my divorce. It didn't bother me, but I prefer to be in a relationship. Now that I'm dating women in their 40s they are a big improvement from the high-school and college girls.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

That is wonderful to hear!!!

A lot of men (my boyfriend included) seem to think that women still rely on men for just about everything (including happiness), and never seem to understand that sometimes a woman actually LIKES being single.

Good for you!!!!

Enjoy your life, men can be great but hell its a lot easier taking care of you then taking care of some of men we have in failed relationships.
    Sit back and chill.
    A mistake is always forgivable, rarely excusable and always unacceptable.
    Robert Fripp