+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Do i stand a chance with this girl ?

Do i stand a chance with this girl ?

I've been communicating with this girl I met online for a month and has resulted in two dates so far. She gave me a heart breaking statement '' I don't see us becoming more than friend '' last week. The thing is , i know she likes me a lot because of all the things she does and says to me . We are making a trip to the zoo next weekend and then follow up to my aunt's place for her to meet my mum who is visiting from my home country . Even though the statement '' i dont see us becoming more than friends '' is a massive blow to my hopes , her actions seems to speak otherwise. I want to believe if we spend more time together for her to know me better , she might change her mind .

I asked her why she wants to hang out with me after giving me such a blow but she only said she understands if i think her statement and actions are contradicting. im beginning to think she is confused or doesn't know what to do or what she wants. By the way , im 28 and she is 24 .

Guys , do you think i stand a chance ? how do i treat her during our day out ? what do i tell her ? is it a good sign she wants to meet my family so soon ?

Um, she wants to use you for free entertainment and dinners. And she said she will only be friends with you. Is that clear now? Of course she's being nice to you, she wants to use you some more.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

I am not sure I agree with bulrush's sentiment that she is using you, but she has made it clear she is not interested in you romantically. Maybe she likes you in a friendly way and enjoys spending time with you, but she wanted to be clear that there would not be anything more than friendship there. If that is the case, that is pretty upfront of her and should allow you a clear conscience to pursue other girls.

If you have no interest in her being just a friend, tell her that the same way she told you.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!