+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How to recover from looking desperate?

How to recover from looking desperate?

How DO you recover form looking desperate on the first date? unfortunately it happens sometime when you don't mean to. You try to show interest but show to much. It has happened to me a couple of times. Being nervous and I ended up looking a little desperate.

Ho do you recover from that?? What can you say to the girl or show her that can prove or make her realize that you are not desperate?

You can start by not trying to do anything. Attempting to prove you're not desperate usually ends up making you look desperate. If you get a second chance, just play it cool from there on out.

For all you know, you didn't look desperate at all and you are just over thinking it.

Whatever you do, dont phone or try to contact her. Infact, if i was you, id leave the country for few years , thn come back as if nothing happened. If she asks whre youve been, tell her she had her chance back in the day ,then walk away.

she ll be after you like a30 footer racing downhill towards title munber 5.

Don't fidget. Make sure to have great posture (sit back, chin up, shoulders broad) when you're around her. Relax on your date. Look in her eyes and no where else. Talk in a deep, calm voice. Smile, but don't be a grinning fool. No matter how strange it might seem, welcome awkward silences and be learn to enjoy them. If she talks, don't be afraid to pause before you respond. Be a gentleman/chivalrous. and of course.... PATIENCE- This is your self control button. Just because you go on one date doesn't mean you are now destined to talk daily. Its like this.. if a girl doesn't text you for a day, and you've been waiting to hear from her... aren't you more excited when she texts you with good news the next day? Absolutely! Well just reverse this concept That should help some with your desperation.

Quote Originally Posted by elny1 View Post
    Look in her eyes and no where else.
    Isn't staring like that going to make her feel uncomfortable?
    You can't buy love, but you pay heavily for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yet another guy View Post
    Isn't staring like that going to make her feel uncomfortable?
    Say you're walking in the park and she's talking, or you're talking, or there is a third party and someone is talking to both of you. In any of these scenarios you should be looking at your mate's eyes. This will help develop an unspoken connection between you and them. It will be more mysterious, mystical, and captivating and incredibly comfortable.

If I'm driving, I will take my eyes off the road for a couple seconds just to look in their eyes when they talk. (I'm not recommending you do this, but hopefully this enforces my point on how often this can be done)

Stop stressing out about what to say, and instead focus on your body language. This is why I welcome awkward silences- it gives time to communicate through your body, and certainly won't kill your chances for a second date. Your desperation will be vanquished and you'll be viewed more confident display. Women respond to body language WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY more than guys do.

Quote Originally Posted by elny1 View Post
    Say you're walking in the park and she's talking, or you're talking, or there is a third party and someone is talking to both of you. In any of these scenarios you should be looking at your mate's eyes. This will help develop an unspoken connection between you and them. It will be more mysterious, mystical, and captivating and incredibly comfortable.

If I'm driving, I will take my eyes off the road for a couple seconds just to look in their eyes when they talk. (I'm not recommending you do this, but hopefully this enforces my point on how often this can be done)

Stop stressing out about what to say, and instead focus on your body language. This is why I welcome awkward silences- it gives time to communicate through your body, and certainly won't kill your chances for a second date. Your desperation will be vanquished and you'll be viewed more confident display. Women respond to body language WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY more than guys do.
    Way too many ways btw.
    You have a point tho, women do respond to body language. Was only last week i used a little body language on this broad, worked a treat. Try running you fingers through your hair, or look longingly in her eyes. Or maybe just grow a pair and ask this bird if she wants her hole or not, instead of fannying about like an arse bandit worrying if youre too needy. Women want directness and arrogance, not some gay boy that blushes at the first glimpse of a tit. In summary, get a playstation ffs.