+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Not sure what to do, pls HELP Male asing female

Not sure what to do, pls HELP Male asing female

Hi,
    I am not sure if my relationship is over or not?
    I will give you some background first. Me and my girlfriend have bentogether for 3 and a half years. I am 20 and she is 18. About a year ago i started sleeping at her parents house and have been everynight since. Are sex life is horrible and there is little to no intimacy now.
    When we first started dating we were very intimate and we made love frequently. it died down after about 8 months to a year. but stayed somewhat steady. at a year it was sex about once a week, 2 years it was once every 2-3 weeks, and now the past year it has been once every 1-2 sometimes three months. we sleep together every night and i am a sexual person. but she has been saying for about a year or so when i ask her that she is not a sexual person, and does not like to have sex alot. Its not really all about sex but more the fact that she is not affectionate towards me. I have talked to her about it before and it seemed to change after but only short term. Its now gotten to the point where its turning me off that she is not intimate and maes me not intimate either.
    I am currently away from home for a couple more months and i am wondering what will happen when i get back. Recently we had a conversation and i told her exactly how i felt, saying that i feel like i am not in love with her anymore but i still love her. surprisingly she said the same thing, feeling like we were more friends. She feels like we are in a routine when im home and she told me she has been happier the past few weeks, because she can do what she wants. But im not that controlling at all, if she wants to hang out with her friends thats fine i will hang out with my buddies too. But then she brought up that all her friends are single and go to parties and she wants to go but she nows i wouldn't like it. I Trust she wouldnt cheat on me but at the same time i am not comfortable with her going to parties all the time. Lately ive been having her call me to see how frequently she does, and its not that often and we tal for only a few minutes a day. I want to stay together with her and make things better but i don't know if its the right choice. I think that the respect of your partners feelings is ey and im not getting that. im getting the impression she does not want to talk anymore when we are on the phone and i feel as though she doesnt care.
    Thank you if you have taken the time to read all of this. What should i do in this situation? if you need additional information pls let me now.

Quote Originally Posted by gmano123 View Post
    Recently we had a conversation and i told her exactly how i felt, saying that i feel like i am not in love with her anymore but i still love her. surprisingly she said the same thing, feeling like we were more friends. She feels like we are in a routine when im home and she told me she has been happier the past few weeks, because she can do what she wants.
    You have your answer. You said it yourself - you are not in love with her anymore. No point in continuing the relationship. Since she feels the same, you could actually remain friends, which happens rarely after break-ups. She feels more free when you are not around, it doesn't mean that you are controlling or anything, it just means that she feels suffocated by a relationship she isn't enjoying anymore (and you aren't either). It's not because of you, it's the relationship that isn't working and has turned into something you have to do (because you respect and care for each other), rather than want to do.

I think that the respect of your partners feelings is ey and im not getting that. im getting the impression she does not want to talk anymore when we are on the phone and i feel as though she doesnt care.
    I don't think she doesn't respect you. Quite the opposite, she is so afraid of hurting your feelings that she didn't break up with you yet even though it's clearly what she wants. Pretending she still felt the same for you would be disrespecting and deceitful. She is actually giving very clear signals.