+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Scared of the Unknown in the future; what can I do?

Scared of the Unknown in the future; what can I do?

I recently started dating this amazing guy early in August (so it's only been 1.5 months together) and during our times together I've been finding myself feeling more and more comfortable and happy to be with him.

I can see a future with him and I can see so many happy moments together. But at the same time I am terrified -- of letting him down, that is. He is already in love with me, and I feel I need to know him more, a lot more before I could ever feel the same. I've been advised by everyone in the world to slow down, to not be blinded by love......

However, with him already claiming his commitment to me, I am letting the nervousness that I am behind him in feelings hindering the natural growth of love for him. I am trying to let it not bother me, and he understands that I need more time. But I am just so scared now that I won't be able to love him as much as he loves me.

I don't want to lose him, especially because I desire so much to be with him and just him, I just need more time, but I feel overwhelmed at the same time.

Any advice to help ease my anxiety?

PS. I'm not too upset that I'm not in the "crazy-in-love-with-a-lot-of-passion" phase, all because I'm really more excited to be in the stage of "deep-love-where-I-would-want-to-do-anything-for-him-maybe-even-die" part of a relationship. It's what I really want and what I know would last for a long long time.

I feel sometimes, I may be too reasonable with relationships sometimes... I can't stop thinking though....
    Last edited by cupnoodle11; 20-09-11 at 05:21 AM.

You need to tell him what you just told here and make him really understand how you feel.
    But your friends are right, slow down and just enjoy each others company.
    Don't let him rush you into things.

Be careful, because if he feels that you don't love him as much, it will hurt him terribly and make him insecure. It is normal and fine for you to feel apprehensive, but just let go a bit, it will make you happier and him too. If you are always worried you will never give yourself to the relationship and he will sense that, which could cause some frictions.

Good luck

Don't worry about it, like said above, just explain it to him as is. I personally wouldn't even dream of saying those words to someone for at least 3 months after the relationship started.

If he is moving too fast, just tell him why you feel you need to slow it down.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley