+ Follow This Topic

Thread: We met and it went well! Now what

We met and it went well! Now what

I'd love to hear from a girls point of view on this. I'll be as brief as possible.

We went out for 18 months.
    I broke it off with her. Personal issues, (all resolved now)
    She chased me.
    I didn't sleep with anyone else.
    We kept in constant contact and slept together a few times. over 5 months (which brings us to now)
    Went on holiday together, everything was great and I wanted her back.
    When we got back to England she went cold and got a new boyfriend. I was gutted...

So.

She's been seeing this guy for 3 months approx and recently we decided to go to a gig together which is next week. Just us two. I know her and her b'f argued a couple of times as her friends told me so and she started drunk texting me one time they fought. Anyway. She recently invited me out on a night out with her and her two friends (no boyfriend). I went along and it was great, we even flirted a little and touched one another and she complimented me on how I looked. The next day she was texting me saying it was great to see me.

I don't want to read into it too much but this is all good signs yes? Could they mean anything and we are going to a gig alone together which is at least an hours drive away. We haven't spoken since but I'm waiting til closer to the time of our gig to. I'm just looking for advice here, I do want her back but I'm not wanting to push anything. Does she still have feelings for me or is she having her cake and eating it. I'm basically thinking of telling her how I feel if the gig goes well then at least I'll know. If anyone wants to know, I've done all the loving myself for a while, keeping active and fit and got new prospects on the horizon so I can definitely say I've taken great steps to improve my life anyway.

Thanks

I'm a male. I decided to bump this thread since everyone else is ignoring it and so some chicks can give you advice.

My perspective: she's arguing with her boyfriend and asking you to go out. That means things are going bad with this new guy and you might be the replacement (woo-hoo for you!). So go out with her and have a great time. Don't pressure her on anything. Make sure you don't pressure her. After this upcoming gig, sooner or later, she's going to fight with her boyfriend. When she does she's going to call you and ask for a date. When that happens, it means you're practically the new boyfriend already.

So it looks like you're two dates away from being the new boyfriend. Good job, man.

Thanks for the words of encouragement! I guess I will just have to see. My only fear being that between now and a week away theyll make it up and i will have wished i made a move sooner.

Its not knowing that kills me.

Female view would be appreciated. How do you act around exs in this situation?

I'm a guy too, but you have to be asking yourself the question: If this is how she treats her boyfriend, why do you want to be her boyfriend??? She's not loyal.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSingleGuy View Post
    I'm a guy too, but you have to be asking yourself the question: If this is how she treats her boyfriend, why do you want to be her boyfriend??? She's not loyal.
    Agreed, she can't be trusted. And furthermore to remove your hope: SHE IS SEEING SOMEONE ELSE.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley