+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How soon is too soon to have a sex talk!?!

How soon is too soon to have a sex talk!?!

So I was talking to this guy. I'm in my early twenties, he is in his mid twenties. Anywho, I'm a virgin but I'm very opened when it comes to talking about sex. We had been talking for a little over a month, one night somehow our conversation turned to sex and needless to say, we stayed up quite a long time talking. After this conversation he kind of stopped talking to me. We probably talked twice since that night but I haven't heard from him for 4 days now.
    Was it too soon to have a sex talk!?! Could his opinion of have changed because if the talk!?! Finally, could the talk have been/is the reason we haven't talked since!?!

It's possible your sex talk doesn't have anything to do with his silence?

What did you say? You might have said you didn't like a certain sex act he likes or you don't see yourself losing your virginity soon. In either case, he most likely got bored with you.

sadie_genie Guest
    What kind of sex talk did you have with him?

Basically we talked about things I would be opened to trying and somethings that he would be opened to trying/has already tried. Also during the conversation he said that any guy that would end up with me would be a very lucky man. I talked to him today for a bit but things just seemed odd. =/

Quote Originally Posted by James Banes View Post
    It's possible your sex talk doesn't have anything to do with his silence?

What did you say? You might have said you didn't like a certain sex act he likes or you don't see yourself losing your virginity soon. In either case, he most likely got bored with you.
    Well we talked about things that I would be opened to trying. Overall we had very similar likes, so I guess that he might have just become bored with me!?!

Overall we had very similar likes, so I guess that he might have just become bored with me!?!
    Stop over reacting and assuming things. You did not indicate you are dating him, so what's the fuss about? It's good that you have similar interests in sex. Sex is important for a healthy relationship. So is open communication. You want to find out right now if he has good, open communication or not.

I've talked to girls about sex on the first date. If they are open-minded enough to talk about that on a first date, the dating continues. If they are prudes, I find out then, and dump them. I don't date prudes, and I don't date girls with poor communication.

I don't think he is bored with you. I think he got busy and hasn't had time to send a note. Maybe he hasn't had internet for a while. My home internet has been buggy for the past 10 days. It's been off and on.
    Last edited by bulrush; 20-09-11 at 09:26 PM.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)