+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What in the world does he mean by all this?

What in the world does he mean by all this?

Ok so there's this guy that I work with. He's been working with me for months but I never noticed him and suddenly he's
    initiating conversations with me all the time. At first it was kinda annoying but after talking to him for a few weeks I admit that
    I'm starting to like him. I think he likes me too but he's such a nice bubbly person normally that I can't tell if he's flirting or not.
    I've caught him staring at me quite a few times and he used to look away as soon as I noticed but now he continues to stare
    even when I'm looking back directly into his eyes. Now I've become the one to look down first. We flirt back and forth alot and
    he's always finding excuses to come near me and when he can't he'll make a heart out of his hands and point it in my direction.
    Just today he raced a car in the drive through (on foot) to give me a hug through the window! (Btw I'm only 18 and he's 19 so
    yeah we work at mcdonalds haha.) Here's the wierd thing though, I'm a touchy person. It's just in my nature to be hands on.
    Not inappropriately or anything though, just a hand on the shoulder or something. But when I did that to him the other day he
    made a wierd face and kinda shivered and said not to touch him again. When I asked why he said it was cuz I made him feel
    cold. When I asked him to explain he said that I had a soft touch and it gave him chills and goosebumps and made him feel
    wierd. I thought he was kidding but he honestly has avoided any skin on skin contact from me since. Does he like me or is he just
    some wierd flirt?
    Please help because I really do like him now but I don't want to come on too strong and get rejected and make work awkward
    for us.

Sounds like a weirdo. A lot of those bubbly people are secretly going through depression. I've known many people who were outgoing on the outside, but lived lonely lives at home because they were so depressed. He sounds like the kind of guy who doesn't understand himself and may be depressed.

In any case, if your hand on his shoulder makes him feel cold then what's it going to be like if you start kissing or hugging him? He's already avoiding your skin to skin contact. That says he doesn't have genuine feelings for you. I'm a 27 yr okl male and I understand how guys act at that age.

Here's an honest fact: a good relationship simply is not possible with this guy. Treat him as an acquaintance and stop thinking of him as a potential lover. If he asks you out then say no.

Thanx I'd been thinking about the contact thing too. The only thing is we've hugged quite a few times as friends and it never seems to bother him, it's just when I brush his arm or accidentally touch him or something when he acts wierd. And he said it wasn't cold in a bad way, but that I probrably shouldn't touch him like that. It's just gentle touches really...

This guy sounds just too weird. You can hug him but no accidental touching him? That's a bad sign. When people date, there's accidental touching all the time.

You shouldn't get into a relationship with a guy like this.

Touching and skin contact is sort of an intimate contact. If he doesn't like contact, I don't think things will go so well. I mean, you said you like to touch, but he doesn't? How do you think you two could ever work out? He probably has a crush on you. Ignore him and let the crush die a natural death.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)