+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Giving him time to figure what he wants?

Giving him time to figure what he wants?

Ok guys...

So, have been with my guy for 6 months, we get along great, everything is good mostly. We only have minor issues, mostly stemming from his ex. Anyway, he has said he's not sure what the future holds, not sure if he's ready for something serious while he knows that I do. He's said that he hopes i'll still be around when he feels ready to take the next step.

My thing now is, I don't know how long I should "wait" for. I love him to bits - but I'm wondering if I should give him space. A lot of so called dating advice websites seem to think that the women shouldn't make themselves so available, not always go around if he asks etc. My guy will often call me in the afternoon to see how my day at work was, if it was particularly stressful, he'll invite me over for dinner or something and usually I'd go. I love spending time with him and his kids, and I see him 1-2 times during the week, then usually stay overnight on the weekend.

So whats the guys opinion of this? Sometimes tell him no? Isn't this just 'playing'?

Whats the deal?

I'm a guy.

If he's a respectful person, you should respect him by not playing games. If you want to see him, go see him. If he wants to break up for a short while, and you are ok with that (you know he's dating someone else, right?) then do that. If you decide to get back together, then do that if it makes you happy. But be aware, when feelings of hurt or desperation, or fear of loss start making decisions for you, that's a bad sign.

If you are just into playing games, or following the advice in Cosmo, you are setting yourself up for poor relationships. Relationships should be based on honest and open communication, not a series of arbitrary rules which define a "game".
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)