+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Am I imagining things between us?

Am I imagining things between us?

I met this guy at a party during my freshman year. He was cute, sociable, and flirty with me but also drunk at that time. I developed a crush on him because he was the first one to take interest in me. We became facebook friends, but because of our different schedules, group of friends and lifestyle, we never got to truly hang out despite me being good friends with his best friend/housemate. In terms of personality, we are complete opposites. I'm pretty quiet, studious, and shy while he's outgoing, and very much playerish. The only times I actually got to see him were at parties every once in awhile, where we just say hi and hug. I never had a real conversation with him since after the first party.

During my second year, I tried really hard to get over him. Not seeing him for a lot time helped with that process. I hooked up with other guys but they were all casual relationships. School just started again, and I'm seeing him around more often at parties and so my crush on him is back. At the last party, we did up dancing with each other. There is some obvious physical attraction between us:smiling, stealing glances but we can never talk to each other normally. Our conversation the other day went like: "Hey,*hug* how have you been?!" and "Same old, same old." and ended like that. For other guys, I can talk and even flirt with them but with him, my mind just draws a blank. I realized that everytime I see him, my eyes focus only on him and I never remember or realize who is standing next to him. I am constantly thinking about him.

What should I do? Am I imagining that there is something between us and try to talk to him, or should I just stop and try to get over him again?

I would approach with caution, you never know what can happen...

But if he's "playerish" then be very careful..you might get hurt for no reason.

Soo ask him out to a bar one night (a bar where you both of you don't know anyone) when he has no plans, and preferably when he's not working in the morning. Make it clear that it's just going to be you and him. A couple drinks is an easy way to loosen up. Plan some good flirting techniques so you have an arsenal to work with. Express (or creatively tell him) that you want to be exclusive with him. Picture how your date is going to go and be precise in your vision.

If the date goes well and you want to score, ask him to come over to your place and as soon as you both walk in the door immediately pull his body close with one hand, and with the other grab the back of his head and pull him into you and make out with him in such a way that he will never forget it, then pull 2 beers out of the fridge and head to the bedroom where, again, have sex with him in a way where he will never forget it. -advice from a 24 year old male

EDIT: Make certain that you guys have chemistry before following to the last part of this, otherwise you'll be a one-night stand a f***buddy. Pardon my language, but that term is very common.
    Last edited by elny1; 21-09-11 at 09:07 AM.

You like him because 1) you are shy and 2) he took an interest in you. You said yourself you two don't have much in common. I wouldn't expect anything serious from this, but if you want a fling, go ahead.

Personally I like smart girls. I like to learn things from others, and it's great if it's my girlfriend.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

I would really try to play it cool with him...And don't really care what the outcome is...If there id something there you will know it...