+ Follow This Topic

Thread: pushing the girl you like away, so she'll come closer...ala Pick Up Artist techniques

pushing the girl you like away, so she'll come closer...ala Pick Up Artist techniques

Have any you men tried this with a woman and have it actually work?

Assuming most of you are adult males...

My bf did this to me when we first met and ya so eventually got together, but it took us a long time to get there. I still sort of see him applying these techniques with me til this day, after 4 years and all it's ever really done is push me so far away that I've become cynical.

If he's already hooked you but he's still pushing you away then he's an asshole that doesn't like you much. Tell me, why do you stay with him? Why would you think what he is doing to you is a Pick Up Technique when it's just an awful way to treat someone he's already picked up.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

because I love him alot!

is it not his insecurities that make him think that this works, thinking that treating me like shit will make me want to be closer to him? well in my case, guess it really does work because he's hooked me for this long. or clearly, i'm just that naive to fall for this stupidity.

What he's doing works for a long time on you because you have low self-worth and you're afraid to leave so he KNOWS that he can be mean and lazy and indifferent to you and you'll still stay.. He puts no effort into the relationship and he doesn't show you at all that he values you. Why are you afraid to leave him? Why do you love a man who isn't showing you that he loves you back?

... and who said anything about him being insecure.. It's you that is insecure and low in self-esteem.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

that's true, i do have low self-worth and insecurity, guess i just hoped he did too. But it's clear he's lazy and it's true, he doesn't value relationships...not even familial relationships. he only cares about himself. being with him has only put my life on pause.

and i agree with you, he hasn't shown me anything that he values me, really values me. fuk!

Hey, I totally understand your feelings. I just left a guy like your bf. I am over him now. Looking back, I kind of laugh at myself. How stupid of me giving love to someone who does not even deserve. It is a huge mistake I made.
    Get some wings and fly asap!.

I've been in the same situation and I thought hes insecure and that's his game , and I actually realised he just didn't like me that much so when he needed someone he knew I'll be there it's basically just convenient for him to keep you there . Talk to him and see what are his feelings for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyk View Post
    I've been in the same situation and I thought hes insecure and that's his game , and I actually realised he just didn't like me that much so when he needed someone he knew I'll be there it's basically just convenient for him to keep you there . Talk to him and see what are his feelings for you.
    Realizing this, just makes me more angry. I really don't give a f' what he thinks or feels. He's just too lazy to even work on our relationship. He clearly does not like me enough, or never ever did.

He claims he had learned these skills by taking courses with the Pick Up Artist in Los Angeles, they used to have a tv show about it. Anyhow, he paid hundreds of dollars to learn how to pick up on women and this is the shit he learns.

So, whatever...if he loves me, tough shit bc he had his chance over the last 4 years to really show me that he loves me. All he ever does is put me down and tell me that I don't do anything for him.

He just came back from London for work. He told me in a drunken phone call that he cries to sleep at night bc he misses me. Last night, I told him it was a load of crap bc the reality is that he can't stand to be alone, not because he loved me.

Quote Originally Posted by ms_law View Post
    Realizing this, just makes me more angry. I really don't give a f' what he thinks or feels. He's just too lazy to even work on our relationship. He clearly does not like me enough, or never ever did.

He claims he had learned these skills by taking courses with the Pick Up Artist in Los Angeles, they used to have a tv show about it. Anyhow, he paid hundreds of dollars to learn how to pick up on women and this is the shit he learns.

So, whatever...if he loves me, tough shit bc he had his chance over the last 4 years to really show me that he loves me. All he ever does is put me down and tell me that I don't do anything for him.

He just came back from London for work. He told me in a drunken phone call that he cries to sleep at night bc he misses me. Last night, I told him it was a load of crap bc the reality is that he can't stand to be alone, not because he loved me.
    So: Did you break up with him or are his manipulative tactics still keeping you by his side?

Oh no, we broke up I told him to go f himself!

Good job. Now, if another guy is successful in picking you up and continues that push/pull tactic after you've agreed to be bf/gf then immediately tell him to take his head out of his ass and and if he doesn't then off to the curb he goes.

Quote Originally Posted by ms_law View Post
    Oh no, we broke up I told him to go f himself!
    lol, youll be back....