+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Way to ask a girl out

Way to ask a girl out

Names have been changed to protect the innocent. Or I might have left them the same.

I'm a part of a writing group. It is comprised of two girls, one guy, and me (another guy). The first girl, named Sarah, and I dated for a little while, but I learned that it wasn't going to result in a relationship, so we decided to just remain friends. I started pondering asking the second girl, Sienna, out.

Sienna has a habit of either talking to me a lot or not at all online. One day she sent me a facebook message and a text message all in the same day just to tell me random stuff. Other times, I would try to open a chat window and she won't respond at all. When I told her that me and Sarah were dating, she said "I'm rooting for you guys. You seem like you'd be a cute couple", and then she'd just move on to another topic. Most of the time when I chat with her on facebook, or in person, she's always happy to talk to me. Does she like me? I don't know. As anyone can tell you, if you're in a spot where you're asking this, the obvious signs blur for some reason.

Now, she got out of a relationship with the second guy, Jordan, and they don't see each other anymore (he moved). And she still thinks that Sarah and I are still dating because I haven't been able to talk to her since Sarah and I just decided to remain friends. I never see her in person anymore except when we have a writing meeting. I have her number and her facebook, but I don't want to give her the initial impression that I'm gonna two time Sarah with her.

So, any ideas?

You should learn more about her personality. Her strange behavior seems off-putting. Don't rush into a relationship with a woman who is sociable one minute, then non-communicative the next.

Woah there. I'm not planning to rush into a relationship, I'm just want to ask her out first.

And now that I think about it, it was just one time she didn't respond to my facebook message. Every other time she was more than happy to talk to me. Sorry