+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Broken Heart

It doesn't sound like you'll be able to get over him anytime soon. You've been with this guy for years. That kind of relationship you don't get over no problem. Get ready for a long, cold winter and a summer that can feel just as cold. Those are the facts. Sorry if it's brutally honest.

Travelling for a few weeks, reading the latest Tolkien novel, and playing darts at the local pub won't help you get over him. You seriously need to rearrange your life more.

I appreciate your advice and time to write to me but I am not sure what advice your are giving? Your right, I wont get over him anytime soon but I do not expect to, he was my best friend for 8 years and together 6 so I know it will take time. I know it is going to be tough and a long winter but I do not know how telling me this is helping me???? As for traveling......I think this os perfect to get a change of scenery for a bit, reading.........these are books to help me at this moment in time and have been advised by my counsellor, there no just everyday stories!!! and....I don't play darts in the pub, I go to the gym, play football, tennis and run......these are all things which are recommended. What do you rec to 'seriously change my life'????

Take this time to focus on yourself and let the relationship breathe...It will take time until you feel better but take this time to be selfish...Treat yourself and do what makes you happy

Thanks Simple Love, I am trying to do everything possible to help myself! One day I will be myself again and happy Just takes time I know but they say you become stronger because of what you have been through!

Were you doing these activities before you broke up with him?

Many years ago, I then stopped doing them to spend time with my ex.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12