+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Dilemma

Dilemma

Been with my guy for 6 months - he treats me like a princess and seems to adore me when we're together. I have told him I loved him, but he said he wasn't sure if he was ready for that, that he was still hung up on issues with his ex. They are in the process of divorce, neither wants to be with the other and she is engaged to a friend of theirs.

My thing is, I thought I could live with this. He said he just needs to sort out his "baggage". But lately, our relationship is seemingly one sided. We are absolutely fantastic when we're together, but he doesn't travel to my place (only a half hour car trip), or initiate many conversations etc. To be fair, he does have his kids one week on, one week off with his ex which makes it harder. But I feel if i left anything up to him, I'd never see him. Whether or not this is true, I don't know.

So basically, when we're together, we're great. I just have my doubts when we're not together. This may be my insecurities (I came from a marriage where my husband cheated on me, and didn't treat me that well either), or it may be justified.

So, do I suck it up and leave things up to him, knowing he may never love me or get over his issues with his ex? Or maybe back off and give him some time?

Give him some time. Wait for the divorce. Start thinking about other men too.