+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Told Her I liked her, rejected, friend zone

Told Her I liked her, rejected, friend zone

Okay, so I told my friend that I liked her. She told me that she only sees me as a friend and we're pretty close, although she has other close friends too.

She's very smart, funny, and flirty. Although I see her flirt with a lot of people, girls and guys.

Anyways, what should I do? Should I ignore and avoid her?

I really like her and want her to like me back. She knows that I had crushes on other girls before but I'm not sure how that would come into play.

Please help.

Thanks.

The opening sentence is your answer. You can't force someone to like you back any more than they already do. Don't ignore or avoid her; continue being her friend. It's hard as hell, but it's better than nothing. If you haven't been friends for long, you could just slowly slip away if it will help you overcome the heartbreak, but don't ruin a decent friendship over rejection.

There isn't anything left you should do at this point. You put your cards on the table, she handed them back.

You know her stance. Personally, I would say its a pussy move to ignore/avoid her after she politely rejected you.

Keep being friends, and move on. Good luck

It hurts to see her flirt with other people like a lot of other people but those people think we share a stronger friendship.

Bump.

Please help.

I want to avoid her and hope the feelings go away. It's also complicated because I've crushed over other girls before and she knows that too.

Of course you've crushed over other girls. It's completely natural. She doesn't want a relationship with you because she's not interested, not because you've crushed on other girls. She likes being friends with you and doesn't want anything more. It's that simple. Try not to beat yourself up.

If you want to stop feeling rejected and hurt, stop thinking you have a chance at dating her, because she basically just said you don't. You need to emotionally detach yourself from the source of your distress. Like I said, it's not easy to just let go of those thoughts, but for the sake of your friendship with her and your sanity, let go.

Good luck, man. You have so many opportunities in the future to ask other girls out. In the meantime, get used to rejection. It happens to everyone.

Cut it off. Chances are you always liked her romantically. If you're not getting what you want, there's no point in wasting time with her. You don't have to ignore her, just don't initiate contact with her, and next time she contacts you tell her you don't see her as a friend anymore and would like no further contact unless she changes her mind. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, but at least this way, you won't be her emotional tampon.

Get a book on how to make women respond to you better. They make a huge difference.