+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is he lying?

Is he lying?

Earlier this year I asked a close-friend out and he said we're too young. We're both 13 and 23 days apart. He also said he never loved me. When we play football I am the worst there. He always picks me second after his buddy who is the best at it. He would always make sure I was included and in sight of him. Sometimes we'd go to the beach or a friends pool. He'd always compliment how well i swim and how good my dives are (I'm a varsity swimmer). Another day, we were both at the ski lifts one homeschool get-together day two and a half years ago. It was just him, my bro and me. He suggested we ditch my brother and go off alone. When we'd go up we'd lean on eachother, tell stories from our old homes in different states, and talk about random things. A few weeks earlier at a church youth event, the instructor couldn't seperate us. He wouldn't let that happen. The next school year, our parents signed us up for a class together. We sat next to eachother every week. The last day happens to be my birthday, the day I ask him out.
    Was he lying when he said he never loved me?
    i'm just a broken hearted girl

the ol' famous ★Starlight★ on the warrior cat forums

can i have an answer please?

I think you need to take a 'chill pill'. You're both way too young to be worrying about getting all worked up about who said who loved who! If you like each other and enjoy hanging out together, just do that and see what happens. Don't spoil it by getting all melodramatic about it! You two might be 'soul mates' destined to be together. Who knows? Time will tell. Try to relax!

kay. thanks

Enjoy your childhood and just be 'kids' together. Things will work out I'm sure. It's confusing being an adolescent. You've got all these new feelings and hormones and problems and stresses that you didn't have when you were little kids. But, try to remember that this boy is your friend not your enemy. Just enjoy his company and 'stay cool'.
    "The only thing to do with good advice is to pass it on. It is never any use to oneself." - Oscar Wilde

You're 13. What possible benefit would you have being more than friends with anyone at this point? If his or your parents decide to move away, you can't even go see him. I have enough experience with age-related frustration because my girlfriend is 17 and I'm nearly 20. We've been together for almost a year and I've had to deal so much crap from her parents, as well as needing to make long drives to see her, and relocating back to my current city for the same reason. And if we both were minors I can't imagine the frustration.

No, he doesn't love you, because you're both young kids and it's too early for either of you to be feeling anything romantic.

thanks ya'll but my parents managed to sell our house and are thinking of moving to a different state or a few hours away. since they can't find a house i'm living at my cabin and that's an hour away and i rarely get to see him.

Quote Originally Posted by sтαяıιgнт View Post
    Earlier this year I asked a close-friend out and he said we're too young. We're both 13 and 23 days apart. He also said he never loved me. When we play football I am the worst there. He always picks me second after his buddy who is the best at it. He would always make sure I was included and in sight of him. Sometimes we'd go to the beach or a friends pool. He'd always compliment how well i swim and how good my dives are (I'm a varsity swimmer). Another day, we were both at the ski lifts one homeschool get-together day two and a half years ago. It was just him, my bro and me. He suggested we ditch my brother and go off alone. When we'd go up we'd lean on eachother, tell stories from our old homes in different states, and talk about random things. A few weeks earlier at a church youth event, the instructor couldn't seperate us. He wouldn't let that happen. The next school year, our parents signed us up for a class together. We sat next to eachother every week. The last day happens to be my birthday, the day I ask him out.
    Was he lying when he said he never loved me?
    I think your parents are paying him to babysit you so you don't get yourself into any situation that you'd be unable to get yourself out of.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

wow.......if he said yes, our parents would flip if they ever found out. my parents and siblings and friends think i hate him.

i can get myself out of any situation. i just choose not to if i don't want to

plus we were 11 for the ski lifts, youth event, and football. 12 when our parents signed us up for the class and he always complimented me on my swimming, even though i just got varsity this school year. we're 13 now. spring birthdays for both of us

Sweety, please understand no one is trying to belittle what you feel. We're just all so much older than you (I think the next youngest person I have seen post on here is 16 and everyone else seems to range from 17 - into their 40's... dunno if anyone here is in their 50's) and have a different perspective.

13 is a sucky age, and heartbreak is inevitable. You have a long time to figure this all out.

As to whether or not he was lying, I'd say it's doubtful. At 13 very few people know what love is and even have a hard time feeling it for their parents and families.
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

he said today he'd give me a chance when we're older when his brother said he 'didn't know me' because my writing assignment was sad and violent.

i've heard that over and over. falling in love is also inevitable :p

At age 13 it's all hormones and infatuation, not love. Relax. If you like each other, hang out. Don't worry about who loves who. But be advised that younger guys are often shy to say the "L" word, even though they might feel it. I used to be one of them.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Let me tell you something baby .i wish i was as young as you right with people to give me advice so i can make different choices than i made. First of all love hurts .you are too young do not get into love at a young age. Boyz have caused me so much stress and depression and i wish i had waited to b4 i can strt all these silly relationships . I always look @ ppl who are successful most of them have something in common. they didnt start dating at a young age so their brain are well enough to study and be succefull. Im 21 and my poor lil brain cant even function no more. because all the stress and depression i got from relationships. it really wore me down when it comes to my education. i just wish i had waited but that something to teach my own child.

he won't even say the word love...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast