+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Not Sure If I Should Stay Single or Try to Have a Relationship

Not Sure If I Should Stay Single or Try to Have a Relationship

This isn't depression or worry or any of that negative stuff. It's something I've been thinking about for a long time but just recently decided it might help to ask other people. Also, I'm 21, if it helps.

In all of the relationships I've been in, they never last long. I want to say real quickly that I do crush on girls; I do have that emotional yearning. However, I can't get lost in the emotions of romance. If a girl wants to kiss me, I don't feel anything from the kiss. It's just lip contact and tongue touching. When a girl tries to be flirty, I think it's childish and the most stupid thing in the world. When a girl wants to cuddle, I like the feeling of being close to her, but I feel like such a tool. I also don't get what all the fuss is about romantic dinners and poems and all that red and pink.

On the other hand, if there's a girl I like, I really want to be with her. Crushing from a distance, I'd do anything for us to be together and hang out. I fantasize about how great life would be and everything. But as soon as things start getting romantic, I immediately get turned off. As soon as she starts texting with me and calling me frequently, it feels more annoying than enjoyable.

Idk, relationships seem like more work than they're worth. I feel like I'm ready to settle down and have kids and enjoy being an adult, but I don't want all of the romance and clinginess. I just want her presence and her love.

Should I stay single and enjoy my single life or keep trying to find someone like me? Or am I fighting an impossible battle?
    Last edited by werdunloaded; 05-10-11 at 04:15 AM.

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i'd stay single if i were you
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj