+ Follow This Topic

Thread: So the truth comes out ...

So the truth comes out ...

You can refer to my earlier post, sorry I don't have enough posts to provide the URL. Could you care to look it up, thanks.

Well now she didn't tell me but she told a friend/classmate of mine to tell me that she is married and has kids and her contract is due to expire in some weeks which she I think probably goes back overseas. She's now just gone hiding. I am in the process to get my exam scripts marked by the lecturer and not her.

I am over it. One session left in her tutorial and it is optional walk in style, as a recap - I am a 33yr student doing a few papers and she is a PhD student who completes by year end, not sure when though.

What is so difficult for her to be honest with me, I have friends that are married and have kids or those who have partners et al.

Basically what she told me was she did her Bachelor in 2003 here and then her Masters and now PhD which she has been in NZ here since 2003 everlong. The truth is she got her BBA in the states in 1988 and Masters back home, then worked, and here only 3yr ago she did her PhD, she is on sabbatical leave. Which basically is has to go home at completion or have to pay those 3yrs all back.

At the time she didn't say anything about her age (refer to previous post). She didn't talk about the real family of hers. Of that she made herself a lot younger than what she is, and it seemed that she lived here pretty much as a student doing her studies and including over the summer break she just worked on her thesis and gone back overseas each few yrs. She downplayed her credentials that she struggled on her studies and how it became longer.

Now my friend who is a 20yr old, who became her messenger boy, I exposed it to him as well, he is a bit nervous now with his exams. I mean a tutor does not tell another student to tell you that she is married and have kids. I have not spoken to her since. As far as I care, in 2 or 3 weeks exams begin and soon enough she will go back overseas. Cannot wait.

For you guys, what techniques do you use to detect issues.
    Last edited by rayonline; 07-10-11 at 05:24 PM.