+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Hey. Newb. Just looking for a little advice...

Hey. Newb. Just looking for a little advice...

Hey,

I need some advice on this love thing. Im 19 and still new, and it's driving me crazy.
    I recently, well, in the last eight months, met a girl while I was working in my local Wally-Mart. We talked a while, and we both seemed to hit it right off. We had a nice conversation, and she left, but not after inviting me to her Church to chat again. After she disappeared around the corner, my heart felt as light as a feather, but I disregarded the feeling after a while. I decided to explore this new development by attending the Chruch and meeting her again. After continuing our conversations, which last sometimes hours, everytime we meet afterword. She is really nice, beautiful, and intellegant. We have a lot in common, with many of the same goals and interests, and we enjoy each other's company. But she's so polite, I can barely tell if she's dropping hints to me, or just being friendly. Anyway, lately I have only her on my mind. My friends and coworkers are constantly commenting on my spacing out. We've gone out on "friendly outings" (as she wants to call it [although I hate it]), the first time on my treat, the second time her insisting it be her treat. We meet on many occasions outside Church, to which it seems her actions are "ouside the norm" of what I normally see on Sun/Wed. I daydream about her constantly, and lately have found myself WANTING to be her "knight in shining armor". I want to tell her I've fallen for her, but I am extremely shy, and I worry that I may damage this great friendly relationship we are having. I don't want to feel awkward around her, or leaving her altogether (which I have a tendancy to do, since my past rejections I avoid X-interests altogether), and I certainly don't want her to feel the same, whatever the outcome.
    So, you see, I need some advice on how to handle upcoming situations, cause I dont want that friendship destroyed, but I would like to tell her how I actually feel.
    I appreciate it...

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    why do you work at walmart??

secondly life is all about chances. if you fag out, then you'll only regret it later. besides, are you really good friends with her? or are you friends with her because you're interested in her?

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You work at Walmart...and she invited you to her church? Dear god, it's a hick. Oh...Alabama...that explains it.

First of all, thanx for the actual help illusional, and a good question. Maybe i need to think that one over... Second of all, yes, I work at Wal-Mart, because I live in a small town with jnot a whole lotta jobs to go around, and I count myself lucky I found one with the pay I did, plus the benefits. And lasty, Frasbee, it's not like I have a choice to live in Alabama, and not all of us are hicks and rednecks here. Im sorry, maybe my being born in Alabama, which is still associated with the US last I checked, has labeled me as a dumbass by NORTHERN standards. The last thing I need is more ignorance, since I work in retail and see enough of it in the snowbirds I see everyday!
    Last edited by yoshikuni; 12-02-05 at 01:24 PM.

But all that aside...I suppose we'll figure out what true friends we both really are once the time comes to share our feelings. She's already told me that after her other boyfriend broke up with her they split apart, and they never spoke again...I would hate for her to go through that again. I suppose thats what I get for begginning the caring process... Thats love for you, you both share the pain huh? Thats the part I hate!
    It is impossible to love and be wise
    -Francis Bacon

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    haha me give advice?? that is very rare. however being that she doesn't stay friends with her ex's shows what kinda person she is. maybe she's all nice in the beginning, but after a relationship, she holds grudges. i dunno... i'm friends or rather cool with most of my ex's. but i'm an easy going guy. i dunno.. i would say **** it and try, if you lose, what did you really lose?? her friendship? oh well.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...