+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Girls would you do this to protect your feelings?

Girls would you do this to protect your feelings?

If you had really strong feelings for a guy, been through so much with him, came to him with everything, told him your biggest secrets you didn't tell your best friends he was the only one who knew, showed so much affection towards, even kissed, made out, and slept in the same bed on several occasions. But you knew you couldn't be with him just yet, and did your best to suppress your feelings for him until you could, would you hang out with him less just so those feelings didn't get pulled out again and all of that affectionate, and kissing stuff won't start up again?

Why not be with him? Too young? He has a girlfriend? Family would disapprove? Different circumstances would alter my answer a bit.
    But generally, if I could NOT be with the person at the time I would distance myself from him. Continuing to hang around him would be torture for both parties.

Because of College. I simply don't have time for a relationship with school, homework, studying, and work to. I don't want that all ruining what could be a great relationship because things keep getting in the way. I don't want to fail school because I put to much time into a relationship and I don't want to ruin a relationship because I put to much time into school.

By the time you're out of college it's likely your feelings for him or his for you would have changed greatly and one or both of you would have moved on. Possibly started dating other people. You CAN be a student, a good worker, and an awesome girlfriend at the same time, but it takes discipline.

I met a guy when I was in a similar school and work situation and it was the best part of our relationship for me, work took so much time away from us hanging out together it made it so much more fun and exciting when we did have the time. I would distance myself from him daily so I could focus on my school and it drove him nuts, which made me feel really wanted and happy ;P But for him, he would focus so much on wanting to hang out with me that his grades dropped from A's to B's. You really got to enforce your priorities and let them know before getting into it how it will be!

But Im guessing work and school is already taking enough out of you and you know you couldn't possibly handle a relationship at this time. Distancing yourself from him will hurt, and run the risk of you two growing apart, and the effort you probably would have spent "focusing" on your schoolwork would backfire into thinking about him all the time!

I say continue to hang out and have a good time. The fun you have with him helps your stress levels I'm sure. You don't have to get into anything serious with him if you don't want too.

Yeah staying away from someone could be a way of protecting yourself from having to address the situation, talking is always good!
    If things are meant to happen then they will, but it may not be the right time yet, don't waste your energies trying, if life directs you towards your studies or work for a while, focus on them and if and when the time is right fate will send that person back to you even if its later on. People are always at their most attractive when they are happy and busy living their lives (usually when they are not trying to be attractive). Good luck!

My boyfriend and I live together, have an awesome relationship, both have full time jobs and go to school full time! Yeah, it's busy, not to mention his online businesses! However, the hustle and bustle makes us appreciate our downtime together so much more! We both keep high GPA's and I foster injured kittens from home too. You would be amazed at how a good relationship fits perfectly into what seems to be an overfilled life!

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yes.

But there's always a balance.