+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Kind of a awkwards situation I'm in

Kind of a awkwards situation I'm in

So I'm on a dating site and I saw this girl's profile and sent her a message. She's from my town but I have never met her before. Well i sent the message about a week ago and she has not been on. One day I was looking at a person's facebook that I'm friends with. I noticed he was friends with her. i don't think he hangs out with her or anything they are just friends on Facebook.

Anyway, I was thinking about if she doesn't get on the dating site for another week, of sending her an add on facebook.
    I don't know how I should or even how to approach her though. Wouldn't it be creepy to say how I sent her a message on that dating site?

Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do? If I sent a message how could I word it without it sounding creepy?

I'd leave it, if you can see that shes friends with someone you know, chances are facebook will put your profile up suggesting you as a friend with one mutual friend in common,
    if shes twigs its you from the dating site then she might prefer to see how it goes with you on the dating site first and then if she likes you (after lots of exchanging msgs) then she
    might initiate a friend request via f/book (it is a good thing you have someone in common, it would give her a reason to initiate... like oh I didnt know you knew so & so....)
    I wouldn't be too hasty to try and infiltrate her f/book circle just yet. Be patient and let her respond to the date site msg first otherwise you'll blow it and she will think your a bit stalkersville!
    BE PATIENT, if she doesnt reply in a month, give up and move on. good luck

Send her an add on Facebook with an accompanying message paraphrasing what you've posted on here.

I don't think that's stalker-ish.

Or is it?

It's kinda weird, but he may as well give it a shot.

What's weird about it?
    It's being positive and affirmative.
    Nobody's gonna be offended by someone finding them attractive.

Just don't start sending her photos of your genitals and suchlike.

I'll wait to see fi she reads it. If SHE doesn't I'll add ehr and send her this

"Hey! I was looking at my friend (x)'s facebook and I thought I recognized you. I am pretty sure I ran across your Plenty of Fish profile and sent ya a messgae/ But I have no idea if you even sign onto that site anymore. So since I saw you here I thought I'd exploit the opportunity to contact you directly and send you my facebook/POF profile link . And if you aren't seeing anyone I'd like to hear back from you if you are interested"

OR

"Hey, this may sound odd but I was looking at my friend (x)'s facebook and I thought I recognized you. I'm pretty sure I ran across your Plenty of Fish profile and sent you a message. If you're interested in chatting sometime, accept my request!"

I wouldn't do it. It sounds too creepy. She doesn't know you. And then you just come across a profile of hers and all of a sudden you are trying to friend her on FB? Think about this from her perspective. Sounds very creepy and stalkerish. I don't think it will have the effect you desire. More likely, she will block you on FB and never want to talk to you.

I would just wait on the dating site and if nothing happens there, forget it and move on.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

Don't do it. It would look desperate and creepy... and you've already sent her a msg on dating site so you should just wait until she reply back.
    You know that she has life and is busy!! So just wait until she msg you back on dating site. IF she is interested in you then she will reply back and if she isn't then she probably will ignore you.

I disapprove of everyone else's advice.
    It wouldn't be at all creepy to talk to her on facebook,explain the coincidence,tell her you think she looks nice,be a bit witty and charming,and ask her out.
    The worst that can happen is she says no.

Just do it,life is too short to wonder WHAT IF.

Take my advice.

It is sage advice.