+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Kind of a awkwards situation I'm in

Kind of a awkwards situation I'm in

So I'm on a dating site and I saw this girl's profile and sent her a message. She's from my town but I have never met her before. Well i sent the message about a week ago and she has not been on. One day I was looking at a person's facebook that I'm friends with. I noticed he was friends with her. i don't think he hangs out with her or anything they are just friends on Facebook.

Anyway, I was thinking about if she doesn't get on the dating site for another week, of sending her an add on facebook.
    I don't know how I should or even how to approach her though. Wouldn't it be creepy to say how I sent her a message on that dating site?

Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do? If I sent a message how could I word it without it sounding creepy? What would you women think if this happened?

If that happened to me, I would be a bit creeped out no matter how it was worded. It's just a bit too personal and crosses a boundary. She's on a dating site where the whole point is to meet new people. As a member of the same site, you are basically invited to message her there. Facebook is not typically for meeting people. It is for personal friends and family. You have not been invited to contact her there. Also it looks a little obsessive and desperate. Just wait and see if she responds to your original message.