+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Someone please help :(

Someone please help :(

Hey guys. I've recently started dating a girl for 5months now and believe she's everything I've ever wanted. She's perfect in ever way shape and form and up until last week everything was amazing. It was more than perfect infact. I believe the reason for this was because we had both had bad previous relationships. But with her, she was in a relationship for 4years and not a very pleasant one. She tells me she has no fond or good memories of her previous relationship. We have both recently started university and we had both seen her ex boyfriend whom she has no contact with and things were fine. Last week she had a bit of an argument with a girl she thought was her friend. After all this it turns out the girl had been spending quite a lot of time with my girlfriends ex boyfriend. For some reson my girlfriend started gettin weird feelings. She tells she wants me? She says she has no feelings for her ex? Says she can see a future with me. Its nearly been a week and the feelings still there and believe its affecting our relationship. Any advice as to what these feelings maybe? Or what I could say or do? Would be much appreciated. Thanks

I wouldn't worry about that.It's a form of jealousy but it doesn't necessarily mean she wants to get back with him.
    Might not even be about him,maybe it's the dynamic between her and her friend,imposing on her past etc.

Nah,wouldn't waste time worrying about that.

Exe's in the mix always cause 'echo' vibes of jealousy or more aptly, stir up simmering resentments. 4 years is a long time to waste on a relationship that has no happy memories. And the friend in the mix is an added bee sting. It really depends on the circumstances of who left who for what reason, but I wouldn't make an issue out of it. The more you do the more power you give it. Let her deal with her feelings and respect her right to feel a bit wierd about a friend and ex hooking up. Just be the person she has enjoyed being with and don't go all dark on her with infounded jealousy or suspicion. Concentrate on distracting her from dwelling on past ties, with better options (whatever her favorite thing is, spoil her). Or better still, make her laugh and ignore the little cloud she's under. Don't make the mistake of being drawn into any form of association with the ex. It's a fact that 'out of sight, out of mind' is the best way to move on.

I wouldn't worry about it.

If in a crappy previous LTR of 4 years, she should be happy as a pig-in-chit to be with you! Remind yourself of this and remain confident.

She took 4 years to get out of a bad relationship. Do you really want someone who is so lost? Is that "upgrading" to you?
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Quote Originally Posted by bulrush View Post
    She took 4 years to get out of a bad relationship. Do you really want someone who is so lost? Is that "upgrading" to you?
    Some people think they will never find anyone else, or that he will change for the better. I don't blame people, dating stinks.

no worries from a girls prospective....she doesnt really have feelings for him she is just hurt by her friend and doesnt want to know that she was stabbed in the back.....she still feels the same for u i am sure!!! this happened to me and i got mad that my friend was dating my ex but that didnt make me lose feeling for my boyfriend in the least bit!!! hang in there and dont turn this into a fight with her whatever u do!!!