+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Am I bad news or him?

Am I bad news or him?

Hey,

two years ago I started hanging out with this guy. We would hang out as friends but then we made out a few times. We then stopped hanging out. So I started hanging out with this guy again. We aren't dating, but we ended up making out once or twice again. Anyway, I said it was obvious that there is a physical connection between us and I was wondering if maybe we could start dating or just getting to know each other more. He said he wasn't interested in a relationship and that he didn't think it was a good idea for me to see him. Based on the way he said it, does it sound like he thinks I am bad for him or the other way around?

Maybe both, maybe neither. Cutting contact is really the best thing to do in these situations. He doesn't have to feel weird about seeing you or worry that he's leading you on, and you have time away to get over him. It sucks, but at least you can be glad that he's doing this in a respectful and responsible way.

It sounds like he is confused about what he wants. I think he probably likes you as a friend but is attracted to you physically. Or maybe he is just attracted to you. Or maybe he was just bored and made out with you because you were there. Or maybe there is someone else he is interested in. Or maybe he is an alien pretending to be a human and doesn't want to be discovered by the government.

You don't really know, and to be honest, you probably don't want to know. There isn't really a reason to know at this point. He said he wasn't interested in anything, so just accept that as the reality and move forward. Put him into the unavailable category and find other romantic interests.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

Quote Originally Posted by devonbrown View Post
    It sounds like he is confused about what he wants. I think he probably likes you as a friend but is attracted to you physically. Or maybe he is just attracted to you. Or maybe he was just bored and made out with you because you were there. Or maybe there is someone else he is interested in. Or maybe he is an alien pretending to be a human and doesn't want to be discovered by the government.

You don't really know, and to be honest, you probably don't want to know. There isn't really a reason to know at this point. He said he wasn't interested in anything, so just accept that as the reality and move forward. Put him into the unavailable category and find other romantic interests.

Good luck.
    I love all your 'maybes'! I reckon the last one is the closest thing! lol

Op, forget him and move on. All you need to know is that he said he wasn't interested in a relationship. Trying to figure out what he meant by saying that is nothing but a waste of time, energy and emotions on your part. Accept it and spare all your time and etc to other potentials. That's more enjoyable in many ways!
    “Really, sex and laughter do go very well together, and I wondered - and I still do - which is more important.” - Hermione Gingold-

Quote Originally Posted by pepper View Post
    He said he wasn't interested in a relationship and that he didn't think it was a good idea for me to see him. Based on the way he said it, does it sound like he thinks I am bad for him or the other way around?
    This sounds fairly cut and dried. I could be reading this wrong [though I did read it 5X], but based on what he said [bolded text above] he wants nothing to do with you, why would you think any different? :shrug:

I have made out with a few girls I have had nearly no interest in, just nice to kiss someone sometimes.

Nothing wrong with you. He just didn't want a commitment.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Quote Originally Posted by bulrush View Post
    Nothing wrong with you.
    100% true. Everyone has different taste.

Neither. It sounds to me as if you believe that making out a few times should lead to a relationship, and he believes that it should lead to sex/more sex. When you asked him, he's not interested in a relationship, and said so. If you don't want to be a FWB, then stop making out with him.