+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Does this count as cheating?? Need help !!

Does this count as cheating?? Need help !!

I have never cheated on one of my boyfriends before, and I was wondering what I did did count as cheating??

Me and boyfriend are together for 6 months and I am on university 3 hours from him, thus long distance relationship. Me and my friends went out one night and me and my one best friend, which is like a brother to me were playing around and he kissed me on my ear and were play teasing me, at first I asked him want he was doing then he asked if he is good at teasing someone by doing this to me, I joked and said that's nothing and showed him how its done, we didn't kiss but it was play teasing as I said. And now it haunts me if it was cheating?? We have no romantic interests whatsoever! And I love my boyfriend to death and will do nothing to hurt our relationship...

So does this count as cheating?? I know what I did is not right at all!

Like you said, it's not right, but I don't think it's cheating. You need to distance yourself from your friend a little bit, so this won't happen again.

If you think what you did was not right, then you are feeling guilty. And cheating is often defined by the person. You didn't kiss him, you didn't sleep with him, but you were practicing your flirtation and teasing with him. Think of it this way, if your boyfriend did what you did, would you consider it cheating? Use that as your guidepost.

However, even if you consider it to be cheating, do you think it would be wise to tell your boyfriend? Nothing good could come of that and you seem to know that it was wrong and won't do it again, so it could just remain between you and your friend. But seriously ask yourself why you allowed yourself to do it. Maybe there is something missing your relationship that you didn't even realize.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

Cheating is dependent on what you and your boyfriend consider cheating, but i still think you should tell your boyfriend what you did as he has a right to know. Think about it like this would you rather your boyfriend find out from you instead of finding out later in the future from someone else.

I told myself that I must learn to think before doing it. And I also told myself I need to distance myself from my friend for a bit cuz I don't want it to happen again. Its not fair towards my boyfriend ! And I'm going to talk to my friend and confort him about what happened and say it mustnt happen again . Thanx you guys I appreciate your honest opinions! : ) and ill take your advise!!

Alcohol is a bitch and I can't use that as an excuse!