+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What keeps men interested?

What keeps men interested?

Hi guys,

I'm in a relationship with a guy I love to bits and think the world of. He is caring and affectionate, and says that being with me is very exciting, that he loves me very much and hasn't ever felt such affection for a girl before.
    However, I want to make sure he stays interested so things don't become boring- I think I already do this by showing him I appreciate him, staying by his side when he is sick, having interesting/challenging debates and conversations with him, making an effort with my appearance by wearing nice clothes and making sure I look my best when we're out, staying as optimistic and cheerful as possible, supporting him as best I can, being good with his friends and having the confidence to talk to them. I really make a huge effort for him. However, I sometimes get paranoid about stupid things like, will he get bored of me if I more often than not DO answer his calls? (He frequently calls first, everyday while he's at university) Unless I'm in a lecture or something, I do tend to answer. Will this make him become bored of me, taking into account the other things I've said? With texts, I sometimes deliberately take a while to reply so that I'm not always 'available' to him, but rarely can fight the urge to NOT answer ALL his calls because I love hearing from him and knowing he's thinking of me. Am I being paranoid? Would love a guys opinion on this- on whether I sound like a decent girlfriend to him, because I just want to make him feel special and loved.

Ps: We have had our problems in the past, we have both upset each other but now I feel it's made us stronger and that I'm willing to fight through anything with him. He also says that because he is with me, he finally feels comfortable to face up to his past mistakes and even apologised to a girl he once treated badly, because he say's I make him feel like a better person. Is this a sign that a guy really must love a girl if she can make him feel like that?
    Thanks a lot!
    Last edited by doodie182; 21-10-11 at 05:43 AM.

Is this a sign that a guy really must love a girl if she can make him feel like that?
    Yes. You gave him a stable, loving relationship so he can deal with past issues. That is very good of you. You sound like you're doing a great job meeting his needs. I want to caution you don't forget to get YOUR needs met. You have to ask him. He is not a mind reader.

First, ask him if he's bored. He may not be.

He calls you a lot each day? That's a good sign. It means he really likes to hear your voice, because he probably feels close to you, though he may not admit it. His actions tell more than his words, though. It sounds like you answer when you can, which is also good. He simply really likes you and since he can't be close to you geographically, he likes to hear your voice. Why not tell him you like to hear HIS voice also?
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

i think u r doing an awesome job....maybe to keep the relationship interesting u could go on dates trying something new that u dont usually do like hiking or camping or hot air balloon ride something other than movies or dinner or "normal" dates. cooking together can also be very romantic. it is obvious that he is still very much interested in you though. maybe do some roll playing spend a day or two not talking and then go on a date and it will be like a first date all over again but full of passion.

I think you're doing a great job by being caring to him. I wish girls around here be as caring as you!
    You don't need to get paranoid, if he calls you many times he wants to be with you, just take it normally as you do. From what you describe everything seems ok.
    "E ao imenso e possível oceano
    Ensinam estas Quinas, que aqui vês,
    Que o mar com fim será grego ou romano:
    O mar sem fim é português."

Projects together.
    The ocassional surprise.

As an example, I recently bought my GF tickets for her favourite musician and also his latest album. She was pleased. It's small stuff like this that makes a relationship.

woman inviting me or offering somthing to me once in awhile. simple small things keep me interested to show im valuved and respect. if i have that ill never leave.