+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I have ex-boyfriend's email password.

I have ex-boyfriend's email password.

I was recently dumped by my boyfriend of three years for my best friend of six years. They were cheating on me, and lying about it for about six months. Now they are about to sail to the Caribbean together on his sailboat that I NAMED.

Needless to say, I'm a bit traumatized, more from the lying than anything else. They were both so sleazy about it, and didn't give a damn how I felt.

However, he forgot that he once gave me the password to his Hotmail account. For the last few weeks (shut up, you'd do it too if you were as pissed off as I am!) I've been reading the love letters sent back and forth between him and her, and which friends of ours are condoning it.

Now, I DON'T want him to know I know his password.
    Come on creative minds...
    What can I do to completely ruin his life, their relationship, and his reputation with his friends without resorting to violence, and using his email in some way?

In his email are:
    1. Emails from friends and family, INCLUDING his mom.
    2. Occasional flight info when he goes out of town.
    3. Support letters for his love affair from MUTUAL friends.

What can I do?

You need to grow up and stop going into his shit. That's ****ed up and also illegal. He may have given it to you but you still have no right to go into his shit. Just move on and get over it. You'll find someone else. Don't stoop to his level. Be the mature one and move on.

I can understand checking the email. I did it when I first broke up with my ex. But I suggest stopping. It's a lot harder for you to get over someone if you're constantly reading their business about their life.

You just gotta get over it. You got cheated on, that sucks. You lost a friend, that sucks. But it's happened to others. You just have to get past it. Maybe not now, not tomorrow, but checking his email is going to PROLONG getting over it for along time.

Alexi

I agree with Alexi 100%. Just move on and try not to go into it. It will just prolong the inevitable.

Okay, that fine and dandy. And I'm sure time will allow that. But the thing is, what they did was MORALLY wrong. If you compare that to snooping in email, it pales in comparison. There is NOTHING worse that playing with someone's vulnerability when they are in love. And that's what he did, and LIED the whole time. I will get over it, but first I deserve Justice.

You are an American who probably believes in the jail system, right? Then don't be a hypocrite by saying you don't believe in revenge. That is exactly what the court system we all support with our taxes does.

Now are you going to help or what?
    I'm doing it regardless.

i can't help you. whatever you do will surely backfire and you will look like a fool in the end. the best revenge is to get on with your life.

It's only morally wrong according to YOUR standards. That's why morality doesn't play into the justice system. Although the justice system was founded on morals, it is clearcut on what's illegal and what's not. That was the big issue with Clinton. It's not RIGHT to cheat on your wife, but it's not illegal. So there really should not have been a court involved.

I'm not going to help. You're going to send something out, pretend to feel better, but you won't. I say skip it and just TRY to move on.

I'd put energy in finding new friends and a decent guy. Walk tall!!! Even if your heart has been ripped out. You also need to take a look at yourself... in a positive way and find out why this happened. For some reason you let yourself into this.

I don't think revenge will help. It will just keeps you in the toilet that much longer. In a ceremonial gesture you could take the email outside and burn it. Maybe like a funeral. And therefore it becomes a mourning process which probably would be more positive. Its over. They both ended it. Find something else to do with your time.

You are another person I am responding to as if you are a longtime friend. Stay away from these people.

Ok...Well, if you are going to do it anyway, why ask? lol Just do whatever you think is right. As you said... what he did was morally wrong but what you plan to do is as well. Revenge is bittersweet.

I was asking for advice on WHAT to do, not WHY to do it. Thanks.

And we all told you to DO NOTHING regarding that. That wasn't good enough though. Most people wont help you come up with ideas on how to f*ck with his e mail. There is no way to do it without him knowing that you did. I'm sure he knows you have his PW and will change it eventually.

And legal and illegal in our justice system is set to some pretty screwy standards. Hundreds are on death row that are innocent of the crimes they are judged for. Our America puts more value on belongings than on emotions, and so our justice system reflects that. It is "illegal" to steal a car (oooohhh, wrong!), but not illegal to steal a boyfriend (of course people aren't property, but I'm just making a point.) To lecture me on the legalities of a clearly capitalist society that currently has scant environmental ethic written into the laws is just silly.

Besides, i'm an anarchist, so it's pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Revenge
    I was asking for advice on WHAT to do, not WHY to do it. Thanks.
    Do nothing!!! That whole scene will think you are nuts!!! Walk Away!!! Go on a vacation!!! Do anything else with anyone else!!! But stay away!!!

He has no idea I have his password. He is forgetful.

Why? You haven't offered any good reasons why this revenge isn't justified?!?!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast