+ Follow This Topic

Thread: To add or not to add. Guys perspective please.

To add or not to add. Guys perspective please.

Me and my boyfriend are going through the process of splitting up, or at least a really rough patch. I am finding it hard to talk in person so i wrote to him and tucked the note in his bag. Days later when i still hadn't heard anything i ran into him and he said he hadn't seen it. I know he is going to read it tomorrow, thing is i want to add something but i don't know if its wise, my feelings are all mixed up and an outsiders perspective would really help

Note:

I’ve been sitting here for two days expecting for you to be able to read my mind, assuming that you know exactly what I want.
    I wanted you to fight for me, I wanted you to reassure me, not only that I was the only one for you but that I was an important one for you, I wanted for this to mean as much to you as it does to me, I want for you to persuade me that we have something worth fighting for.

I want to know if you think we have something worth fighting for.

I don’t want to be the one to tell you these things.

I want to know how you feel, because I don’t. I want for you to want to talk with me, to regain my trust, to put my mind at rest. I want for you to want this too, if that’s what you want?

Addition(?):

I told you I didn’t want you to read this in front of me tonight, because id be embarrassed. When really it was because I don’t even know if those words ring true anymore, it feels like its been so long. They did, so here you go.. It’s just day by day I convince myself you haven’t brought it up because you simply don’t care, so day by day my thoughts about the whole thing get worse. Every day I am waiting for you to talk to me and when you don’t I just can’t help but think there’s nothing worth fighting for.

Um how old are you?

23, he's 25.

Your reply's got me thinking, is the whole thing really childish? should i just 'man up' and sit him down to talk to him in person? its just 1* im not very articulate when it come to talking about feelings, go off on long tangents etc.. and 2* wont making it into 'a talk' just add pressure to a sensitive situation.

You have much experience with relationships?

My first relationship lasted for just under 7 years, this being my second is just over a year. For him, no real relationship experience, this is his longest.
    Last edited by Cortana; 24-10-11 at 10:32 AM.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Don't add anything. Guys need short and to the point.

Actually, your note isn't immature at all. Especially if other communication forms have failed. IMO you stated clearly what you were feeling and, most importantly, what you want from him.

Ensure he's read it, but don't push more than that. Ball is in his court. It can take guys some time to think of a response. He'll likely write you back. Give it a week. Be patient.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Good point, keep it short :-) thanks for your opinion.