+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Guys!! Need help with my coworker!

Guys!! Need help with my coworker!

I have a crush on a guy I work with but I am getting mixed signals from him and I am not sure if he is really interested or not!!

He is a really sweet guy when we are alone and is genuinely interested in me, and is always offering to do things for me a lot, but for some reason he sometimes doesn't look directly at me when we are talking, and always acts like hes distracted, ie. looks down at his computer etc, but when he does look at me he is always smiling and looks away again if am looking at him. Then when we are with coworkers sometimes he will avoid me and talk to other people, but when we do eventually talk he is really chatty and nice.

Recently he has been a bit more flirty and we had some great conversations where he would gaze right into my eyes for a long period and smile warmly, which of course created a lot of tension, and I could tell he felt nervous around me. I have also caught him staring at me at times and once he even asked me to send him some photos of me from a party when I was dressed up.

Now it seems he has gone a bit distant and doesn't contact me for days even if I ask him for something, which is not usual and I am really confused as I haven't done anything wrong!! I know he did had a girlfriend a while back when I first met him but he never talks about being with anyone, so I am not sure if he is avoiding me cause they are still together, or maybe he is just uncomfortable cause he can see I really like him?? I want to confront him about it but its so hard in a work situation! Thoughts??

Feel slightly sorry for this guy reading that. Its very clear that hes nervous around you, and to be honest I think its a sign that he really likes you.
    You say he might know you like him but I dont think so, I think the reason he might now be talking to you is he thinks that hes done what he can and you have not responded in the way you both want.
    Go on a date with him, see what happens.

Good luck

Sounds like he really really likes you, but nowhere in your message did you write where you told him you liked him. So he left. If you ignore him, or don't send him positive signals, he will leave. Better luck next time.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

dont shit where you eat is my advice.

Or "Don't dip your pen in company ink". Ha. Breakups can be bad if you work in the same department.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Had the exact same thing a while ago, different guy don't worry Enjoy it, but be sure he's not attached before you go googoo. It's easy for him not to mention it when you're alone. Might explain why he ignores you when other people are around (had one of those too, so got to be sure). Maybe casually ask co-workers about it.
    If he's single, go for it. Just be absolutely sure you know what the consequences are. If you're in the same department, and you do break up, it'll be a messed up situation ->if you let it be that is. If you're an over-emotional type, don't go for it. The element of "getting your groove on" at work gives it an extra boost. See if you two are compatible outside of work as well, and if it's still that exciting outside the workarea. Good luck!

hang out with him outside of work, i think he likes you but is just really nervous and has other things to do. Talk to him about it.... Girls are the ones always confusing guys, we are usually getting mixed signals. Let him know youre INTERESTED! The worst that happens is he just says he wants to be friends or still has a girlfriend or something, and then you go from there.

thanks for the replies!!! we work in totally separate departments which is great on one hand, because in the event that we started something it wouldn't mix with work. On the other unless we seek each other out, its rare that we see each other.
    It seems that I will need to be really forward when I see him from now on so he gets the hint - of course after I check he is really available

Find out when is his days off and ask him if he is doing anything and if he says no, then ask him to be your company. If he likes you, he'll say yes. Nothing wrong with you asking him to hang out. Keep us posted.
    To be or not to be?

Is that the question?