+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Good sign?

Good sign?

So I've begun to crush on this girl in marching band and I sent her a message on Facebook just complimenting how amazing she was his year in band (State was this weekend.) It took her a few days to reply, but she eventually sent me a message thanking me and complimenting me back. If it means anything, when she was saying she was looking forward next marching season, she accidentally said next weekend instead of next season.

I understand it must seem like a dumb question, but I just have such little experience with what signs are good since I have always misinterpreted them in the past. Just want to be entirely sure!

My bad, I forgot to include our ages. I'm a junior in high school and she's a freshman.

Just ask her out....if she turns you down you just saved yourself any time wondering.

I would love for it to be that easy, but that has only scared girls away in the past to just abruptly get to the point. I just don't seem to fall for girls who are comfortable with being asked out on short notice. I'm trying to avoid going too fast this time around. If this is considered a good sign, I would probably do just that, but I want to make sure she feels comfortable with me. I've just blown it too many times doing it that way.
    Lol just to clarify, I feel a lot better now than when I made this profile name =P

I would try to continue to talk to her just to feel things out. I've had awkward situations in the past with friends thinking somethings were more than they were because they misinterpreted our friendship. The best advice I can give is to take your time to get to know her better. When/if a girl likes you, you'll have a sixth sense for it. No one wants to get rejected, so everyone has a wall up, and until you let it be more obvious and let your feelings for her simmer and known to her (without rubbing them in her face), she won't have time to figure out how she feels about you. But, if you already have that hunch, the gut feeling that she does reciprocate your feelings, then I say go for it, and try asking her to do something innocent together in public- like go to a sporting event, get dessert, or simply run an errand with you. I hope this helps!

Thanks a lot. I'll keep it in mind and see how she reacts to other hints, and also, if things turn out well, thanks for the ideas for things to do ^_^
    Lol just to clarify, I feel a lot better now than when I made this profile name =P