+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Am I reading too far into this?!

Am I reading too far into this?!

My girlfriend and I have been seeing each other for about two months now. When we first started seeing each other we would hang out at least 4 times a week and recently it has only been more like once a week.. or once every week and a half. I'm always up for hanging out with her, but whenever i ask her, she kind of sways the question in another direction or tells me that she's tired, etc... it seems like she's even too tired for me to go over to her place and hang out and watch tv with her...? Either way, it's a huge contrast to what our relationship started out being. We would meet up after work and go on dates or watch movies. I'm totally down for still doing that now, but it doesn't seem like she is. Also, she used to text me more often before and now barely.. I'm the one that has to text or call her first, and then she will reply. The other day I didn't text her all day just to see when she if she would initiate a conversation and the only thing i got was at 9 at night saying "hope you had a good shift today". Or another time i sent her a text saying "just wanted to say good morning hope you have a good day : ) xo" and she replied to me at 5pm just saying "thanks".. and i know she checks her phone all the time.
    Anyway, am i just being stupid and reading too far into this? I just feel that she doesn't really care much about our relationship and that she's not putting any effort or thought towards it.

You need to make it clear to her what you want in a relationship. If you don't meet on this, it's time to move on. Most girls I know what there new BF over almost everynight.

Thanks for the response. That's exactly what i'll do... we're supposed to be hanging out tomorrow night so i'll just ask her what she wants out of a relationship, tell her what i want out of a relationship and we can go from there..

I think you're smothering her. Expecting to get together 4 times a week is a bit much, especially if she has a life and doesn't live very close to you.

Does she have a life? How close does she live to you?

Thats kind of what i'm wondering too i n the back of my mind is if i'm smothering her. We live about a half hour away from each other on transit (10 minute drive). i don't expect us to get together 4 times a week.. maybe 2 or 3 would be nice. I'm just more concerned that she wanted to hang so much at the beginning of our relationship and now it seems like I'm the only one putting in any effort to hang out..and when i do she's hardly ever down to hang out. She works monday-friday 10-6 and she rarely hangs out with anyone during the week after work. She usually goes home, makes dinner, watches tv, etc and goes to work the next day.

It sounds like she doesn't have that jam packed of a schedule, so seeing you shouldn't be an issue. Usually you start off dating seeing each other once a week or so, and then ramping it up. It appears you're going the opposite way of this, as time goes on you're actually seeing her less.

I'm sorry to say, but it sounds like she just isn't that into you. That or she has different relationship expectations than you do, in which case it might not work in the long run.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

How do you think the best way is to should approach talking to her about relationship expectations? Should i just tell her my concerns and then just straight up ask her what she wants out of a relationship??...

Asking her if she wants out puts things in a negative vibe right away. Be more tactful, just simply ask her "Where do you see this relationship going?". Read the body language more than the answers she gives you verbally, it will tell you what you want.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

you should ask her.

I am going through somewhat the same thing right now, however if you read my thread I just posted "Perfect Beginning Turned Rocky" you'll see mine goes a little deeper.....
    Anyway, same situation with my boyfriend now.... always together in the beginning, constant texts,.... now less time together, very short responses to my texts.....just doesnt feel the same.
    I know I love him and I know he loves me, so I'm hoping that I am doing exactly what your thinking "Reading too far into this?...." and maybe we are. Like I said in my post (and what I'm hoping is the case with mine).... maybe its just that your girlfriend is busy has a lot going on or maybe it is that (Like every relationship has).... you two had your Honeymoon period and that part of the relationship is over.
    I posted my thread looking for advice too but I'm sitting here thinking right now that all we can really do is bring it to their attention and find out exactly whats going on in there minds.
    *Goodluck*