+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How to tell my parents I love my girlfriend

How to tell my parents I love my girlfriend

I love my girlfriend with all my heart. I can see us in the future together and living an amazing life. Recently the thought had come to me to tell my parents that I love her. They have met her and know a lot about her and know I really like her. I just want to know if it's the right thing to do, and if so how do I tell them? I think its time for them to know that I love my girlfriend

Have you told your girlfriend yet?

Yes I have and she has also made Plans for our future. We love eachother so much

I have to ask how old you are before you 2 ride off into the sunset together. If you're in early 20s or younger, you might want to step back and relize you will not be the same person in 5 or 7 years. What's the rush?

You sound very young and in love with love. Unless you are really saying you plan to do something concrete about that 'future together' right now, I wouldn't worry about bringing your besotted condition to your parent's notice. Parents aren't likely to miss it. If you are underage in their care, expect a spanner in your works re immediate 'future together'. But a man mature enough to offer same to a woman doesn't need parental permission, just a blessing. If they haven't disapproved so far than hopefully you already have that. Just breathe and enjoy the feeling of being so in love you want to shout it from the rooftops. Hopefully it will only happen once in your lifetime and last forever. Don't rush the process. I wish you well.

You don't have to tell your parents that you love your girlfriend. That is between you and her. Honestly, it isn't any of their business. Don't waste another thought on it.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!