+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Men and Lying, I need a guy's opinion please!

Men and Lying, I need a guy's opinion please!

My boyfriend of 5 years lies to me all the time. For example, he promised he would quit smoking 2 years ago, and I've caught him smoking 3 times in the last year.He lied to me about his age when we first me.

In our 5 years together, he has lied to me twice about girls he had made friends with, first time round, when I found out that he had been txting her and lunching with her he told me they were just friends, I never spoke to her but I took his word and i forgave him. This time, I found out he was emailing an old friend through a secret email I didn't know about, he told her he was single and flirted with her. When I confronted him, he denied it like a pro, finally he admitted the truth when I told him I had information he didn't know about. I told him we were over. He's apologized endlessly, he says he didn't understand why he lied and he had no intentions of following through with her. He told me we are meant to be together and wants us to go to therapy to fix our relationship. Whats going on in his mind? should i trust him or is he going to break my heart again. All my girl friends have told me not to go back to him.

Thanks in advance.

Are you just dumb or something?

kickin the smoking habbit can be hard, but the other stuff is pretty easy to do. i think he knows he can get away it it, sounds like he wants his cake and eat it too. 5 years is alot but it might be time to start really thinking where is the lieing all the time going to get you in another 5 years.

You're girlfriends are right. Walk away and don't look back, I guarantee there's been more lying than just two times, you just trusted him enough to not ever take a closer look. Don't waste another five years. Respect yourself more than that.
    A sniper is the worst romancer, they never make the first move.

He will never change and has you because your are convenient I'm afraid. Start looking for someone who will appreciate you for what u are.

1. Cigarettes, with all their additives, are just as addictive as cocaine, and can be very hard to quit.

2. He is a compulsive liar. If you don't like it, dump him. If you stay with him, stop complaining, because you already know he's a liar and he will not change.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)