+ Follow This Topic

Thread: been with my bf for almost 2 years - it it too early to think about an engagement?

been with my bf for almost 2 years - it it too early to think about an engagement?

Is it too soon to for couple to be engaged after almost 2 years?

as i had friend that got engaged after just 5 months

Since i heard of the engagement i told him that it made think more about our relationship and the future

he feels the next step for would to move in couple when we both can afford it

but the things is iam 27,in couple years i will be 30 and i will want a commitment before then as iam not getting any younger.

any suggestions or help please?

I was married within 6 months of meeting my wife. My parents knew each other 2 weeks and have been together 40 years. Only you can answer that question

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by elle1984 View Post
    Is it too soon to for couple to be engaged after almost 2 years?

as i had friend that got engaged after just 5 months

Since i heard of the engagement i told him that it made think more about our relationship and the future

he feels the next step for would to move in couple when we both can afford it

but the things is iam 27,in couple years i will be 30 and i will want a commitment before then as iam not getting any younger.

any suggestions or help please?
    I have no idea what it's like to be a woman in this situation, so I'll pass on the judgment of the "not getting any younger".

But please don't say that to him. Think about how he feels about that - it feels like you just want to get married, no matter what. It doesn't mean it has to be him. That's a kick in the nuts - especially if he's not ready.

yeah , its too early...

so iam getting mixed replys here, i have never been through this before.

He has been engaged previously with his ex of 8 years - after the sixth year. this end though as she cheated. i think they were engaged though for about 2 years at the age of 21

so i dnt think he actually wants to run into it, and i never actually brought up as getting engaged iam too chicken

he feels the next step for our relationship to take would be for us to move in 2gether in a couple of years when we both can afford it

any more suggestions please?

Its not a bad idea to live with someone before you even talk about getting engaged. You never really know someone until you live with them. Take it easy for now, live the moment, not the future.

Thing is though iam 27 and iam not getting any younger

27 isnt that old, unless you arnt aging very well. The thing is, if you start putting pressure on him, he will probably run for the hills. Give him a few years to get his shit together, and see what happens. Sounds like you just dont want left on the shelf, and if you think that way, you will probably end up marrying a dork.