+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Does Busy always mean rejection?

gasp... one more day guys...

Lol you're cute, tell us how it goes

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It is definitely possible to be so busy that one turns down dates. Modern work life.... her behaviour sounds like she either likes you or is hiding something (like a BF?).

Anyway, don't give up yet. Good luck.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Weird

OK guys, today I waited a little bit and then left ahead of her. I tried to walk slow to allow her the option of catching up, but it turns out she went the other way.

How do I know? Because when I came back up around the corner (i was only walking that way to talk to her), I saw her coming down THAT way, having just gotten some food. By the time I notice it's her, I felt like she had already seen me and decided not to make eye contact.

sooo confused. What if, if i hadn't run out, she would have invited me to go get that food with her? Perhaps she avoided me when we ran into each other because she felt like i avoided her right after class by exiting the building before she was even out of the staircase. i timed it horribly

I'm about to send her a FB message saying that I didn't mean to put her on the spot last week, that she seems intelligent from our discussions in class, and that she should feel free to hit me up, otherwise I'll see her in class.

By the time you guys see this I will have sent it, so I hope it wasn't a mistake!

Oh dude no..........

You will look like a wuss. You are supposed to keep it kool. Missed opportunity just means you try something else or you try another time.

Haha did i do unreversible damage with that fb message? The way i see it, if she liked me, it would be ok to have sent it. If she doesn't, then it doesnt matter. I had to say these things though. It was very short, basically saying i hope i didnt make her uncomfortable, that she seemed intelligent from the things she said in class, and that she can feel free to hit me up, otherwise i'll see her in class.

I know it's not conventional or even manly, but I must admit, being up front, frank, and direct is kinda how i roll. In a girl I am looking for someone who can handle that.... and of course if she is not into me, this will be the best signal to back off. Otherwise, uncertainty this would have lasted for weeks. Now she knows what EXACTLY I'm thinking, and she can do whatever she wants with that. If we are truly right for each other, this will work out.

If it doesn't then I'm probly better off with a different gal anyway.

Edit, I also didn't friend her yet, just sent her that message. Honestly I prefer this to more ambiguous attempts at hitting on her politely and then trying to figure out what happened for the next week afterwards lol.
    Last edited by datinglov; 03-11-11 at 02:13 PM.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well, lets see what pings.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by datinglov View Post
    Haha did i do unreversible damage with that fb message?
    No. It wasn't that bad. Don't put too much trust into the opinion of anyone who spells the word "cool" with a "k." Your FB message was fine, except for the part where you apologized for putting her on the spot. You asked her to have a meal with you. There's nothing wrong with that and it's not something you should apologize for.

Also, you're not being very "up front, frank, and direct" since you're running around trying to time your exit with hers and avoiding her when you see her in the hallway. Ask her out on a date. Say, "Would you like to have dinner with me this Friday?" That would be "up front, frank, and direct."

*roll eyes*

I'm sure there is truth in what smackie is saying, but Im glad not everyone thinks it was a bad idea to FB message her. Like i said, I didn't friend her yet, in hopes of not coming on too strong or desperate. I didn't even really apologize for last week, all I said was I hope I didn't make her uncomfortable, it was just that she seems very intelligent and worth getting to know. Then I literally told her to feel free to hit me up, and to give her an out, I said, otherwise i'll see ya in class.

I'm afraid making another move in person after the strange reaction last time would have been unfruitful. So even though I'm scared shitless waiting for a response haha, now she knows if she wants something to happen, she can make it happen if she is interested.

Since I did just get out of a 3.5 year-long relationship a little over a month ago, I don't really have anything to lose. If this facebook thing killed it, then I learned a good lesson

go after what you want but dont be chicken shit. id of asked her on the spot thats just me. screw facebook. im friends with a girl on there for years and never talked to her, ran into her and got her number asked her out asap, we dont speak on facebook. like like mailin a letter to ya gramma.

Alright guys, got a response AND a friend request. She said not to worry, that that day is busy for her and can go either way with being free after class, and that she would love to chat. Boom!

I guess I am still wondering if there is a chance she said this out of politeness or because she felt obligated to be nice. Do girls say they would love to chat out of politeness?

OK I need to say this.........if you are such a straight forward guy why are you so insecure. Being straight forward also means confidence which you most certainly don't have. If you keep second guessing yourself, and needlessly apologizing for things that really at not a problem, you will get nowhere with this girl or any other girl.. Time to wear some big boy pants and get over your fears.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast