+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Weird dream-like vision

Weird dream-like vision

I don't believe in this kind of stuff normally and I'm not an emotional person at all, but it felt so real. I'm a 24 year old male. Recently gone through a long-term break up with a girl I loved deeply. There was no real reason why we ended, she just disappeared one day and refused to see me. I'm guessing she just needed to experience new things since I was her first love.

She has told me that she still has a lot of feelings for me but needs time. That was basically the last thing she said to me when we broke up and its been pretty much no contact since.

It sucks but I've been through breakups before. This one was different because about 3 months after the break up I was half asleep half awake and this really strange feeling hit me. I've never felt anything like it before.

It was like she was telling me she isn't coming back for awhile and to let go. And I felt this deep feeling of letting go and being all on my own. It lasted about 5 seconds and for that time I was in complete acceptance and peace that she was gone.

Then another 2 months later I was half awake half asleep and I literally saw her. I was looking straight at her and she was staring back with love in her eyes and smiling at me.

I've never felt anything like this before and it kind of shocked me. I've been through breakups before with much longer time spent together and nothing like this ever happened.

You're having vivid dreams because she has been on your mind because there was no proper closure. Nothing would drive a person more mad then not having a good reason for the breakup.

I had one of those half-awake/half-asleep dreams that my bf got out of bed, offered me a rubiks cube while sleepwalking then laid back down and I woke up right then to him in the same position he laid down in in my dream. It was very real. The dreams that we forgot about quickly are had light NREM stages of sleep, emotional and hallucinatory dreams (like of your ex) are had in REM sleep. If you don't know about sleep cycles I suggest you educate yourself a bit before going off thinking this dream is spiritual or some bunk.

Very very briefly:
    stage 1- light sleep, drift in and out.
    stage 2- a tad deeper, heart-rate slows
    stage 3-first stage of deep sleep. hard to wake up
    stage 4- deep ass sleep. Sleepwalking/bed-wetting can occur
    stage 5 (REM sleep)- Dreaming occurs
    REPEAT (not exactly in order but from Deep sleep to Light sleep)

You had your dream in the very end of REM sleep and the beginning of light sleep, so I imagine you woke up easily and quickly after the dream. I think deciphering dreams is TOTAL bunk, like I don't think a spider in your dream is an omen or anything lol, but it is pretty obvious that you have this girl on your mind often. I can guess you're not seeing anyone else right now. And like I said before, it's main cause is probably because of lack of closure. WHY did she leave you all of a sudden? You're not 100% and it sort of eats away at you?

You can either wait it out, these dreams will go away in time. OR you can get closure, have a talk with her and say you're fine with her decision but you want to know why and you want an honest answer. You might be upset for a while afterward but it will help to get her out of your head much more quickly.

I suggest closure. Recently got closure with a girl I had dated years ago and I thought I was over her etc... Turns out I wasn't and I didn't even know it. I would talk with her for your own peace of mind.

I agree with the other two about needing closure and think Bloodytippedrose did a good clear explanation of the sleep cycles and the probability of a rem dream because you have the girl on your mind. I too always look for the sientific, natural explanation for 'psychic phenomena'.

However, life, and science, has taught me that thought is actually casting energy. And emotion behind thought increases the intensity and efectiveness of that casting energy. If you look upon the much touted 'soul' as the energy source, or life force of a human, let's call it ' the electricity' that turns on the brain, or 'electrical system' of any living creature, then it is possible to understand that electricity, whilst it can be directed through wires and conducting channels, can also travel freely (as in lightning etc). And for that matter, can never be destroyed only commuted, thus it is possible to give further credence to the religious belief in the everlasting quality of the 'soul'.

Among other quantum leaps we are coming to finally understand. like music and colour in the stratum of the universe, the 'rythm of life' and, not so different to the primaevil beating of drums, the human heart has the encoded rythm of the universe, connected to all other living things via that casting energy of a thought, or a dream. So do not scoff completely at the notion of casting energy from one, connecting with the energy from another, and conducting that 'feeling' back and forth. Have you never 'felt' your loved one enter a room before you actually saw them? If the girl was thinking/ dreaming about him at the same time then it is scientifically possible they connected.

So, whilst I agree that closure is probably what's needed, seeing her for a straight discussion is the real need. She has disturbing issues about their break up too. And Take it from an old skeptic, who really never wanted to know what I know.YOU DON'T WANT TO GO THERE! But if you are young reading this, then remember it when some future Einstein comes up with the proven theory!