+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Can' read this girl

Can' read this girl

There was a girl in my class last semester. Very pretty. We didn't talk much because we sat on other sides of the room. She was also quiet in the class setting, but when she spoke she seemed nice.

I hadn't seen her since December, until a Friday night in early May at the bar. I don't drink and she knows that, even so, when she saw me she came running over, "Maaaarkk!!" I got a kiss (cheek), and we held each others hands while talking. She wasn't very drunk, and her friend was totally fine. Before she leaves she gives me her number and tells me to call her Saturday night to go out to another bar together.

Just to make sure, I say, "You're gonna remember giving me your number, right?" And she looks me straight in the eye and says, "Yes. i'm not like that, I'll remember."

Even so, I'm like, "okay whatever, she's drunk, she probably doesn't really mean it." But I text her Saturday anyways to see if she wants to go.

She replies, "Hey I have plans tonight, but what are you doing for dinner?"

So from there we've been texting. She's went back home for the summer, but we kept in touch.

Well, this semester rolls around, and we still talk and keep in touch. Problem is, when I ask her about dinner, she replies with: "Like as friends?" or "Who else is going?"

I assumed this to mean she didn't want it to be a date, but whenever I see her on campus, she gives me a hug and talks to me a lot, so I'm getting mixed signals.

She also told me which bar she will be at for Halloween on Saturday, and I figured if she didnt want to see me she didn't have to tell me that. Maybe she just wants to be w me when there is alcohol involved?

My plan is to go on Sat and flirt with her and see what happens. Then, next week, just ask her straight up, "would you like to go on a date with me"

Thoughts?

I like the idea of asking her straight up for a date. It is the fastest, best, and least possible scenario for misinterpretation. Then you will have your answer and be done with it.

I think she may like you, but she may like other guys as well. She may be playing the field. And maybe when she gave you her number, she was interested, but wound up meeting someone else she is starting to like more. Who knows...

Her asking if the dinner was going to be just as friends sounds like she isn't all that interested at this point in time though. I am sorry if it doesn't work out the way you would like. But it isn't the end of the world. Girls are difficult to understand anyway.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

I didn't respond to when she asked as friends, because I thought it meant just that; she just wanted to be friends.

The only reason I'm questioning it now is because when she sees me in person, she's all talkative and gives me hugs etc.

If I go on Saturday, meet up with her at the bar, how should i act?

Just use the word "date" and be clear about what you want. Sheesh. What's so hard about that? Do you really want to buy dinner for "just a friend"? IMO, a waste of time. I have lots of friends. I want a date.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)