+ Follow This Topic

Thread: my girlfriend is really confusing please help! she doesnt make sense

my girlfriend is really confusing please help! she doesnt make sense

Ok so me and my gf have been dating for 2 months.im 20 and she is 23. she is the girl of my dreams literally everything about her is unbelievable. first 3 weeks it was perfect but then we started arguing alot about certain traits about us. not stupid arguments like is the sky blue or why didnt you txt me last night type of thing. these are important big arguments we dont call eachother names or yell but there big arguments. and after we argue im fine i let it go and have fun but it stays inside of her. she told me 4 days ago that she has been thinking and we are incompatible bc of the arguing and she doesnt see it getting better. i tell her it will with time and the arguements dont bother me bc im confident it will be fine soon and she says it wont we are just not right for eachother. we are still together now after the 4 days but she told me she is with me only bc she likes me as a friend and im nice and she doesnt want to lose that and also she doesnt want to jump to a conclusion and dump me she wants more time to think. she has been out of town the past few days. but when she gets back ill get to see her for 2 days.then she has to leave again. i think she is overthinking the whole thing. she normally over thinks alot of things. someone please help i need to know what is going on here.

They shouldn't be argument but discussions...so who is the one that complains the most? you or her....who is the one that actually starts these arguments?

K, so you both argue a lot about trivial things. This can be prevented by discussing relationship boundaries, like when to text, or how much space one expects, etc. When something comes up, there shouldn't be any drama, just having a discussion on how one feels and work it out. Now either you are resistant to discussing the issues and she is frustrated because of it, or she scrutinizes your actions all the time and freaks out on you. I need more info here.

Yes, please give 2 examples of what you argue about. Trivial arguments can mean insecurity issues or past emotional scars. Arguments about fundamentals, like interests, can mean a true incompatibility issue.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Do you ever reach a conclusion about what you are arguing about?