+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is my ex wanting me back?

Is my ex wanting me back?

My ex fiance and I broke up thursday because I was being to possessive in the relationship. Which is true. I really love her and I never wanted her to hang out with her friends or text/call old guy friends. Well she moved out of the house and now we are back to dating. Went on a really good date last night and we watched a movie at the house. Well I cant convince my self that she is giving our relationship a chance and I need major advice. So let me tell you whats going on.

We talked and she tells me that she is willing to try and whatever happens happens. She says that we are not in a relationship anymore but if a guy ever asked her if she was seeing someone she would say yes that she was working things out with her ex. She tells me that if it doesn't work out that she wants me to remain her friend which I could not do but I dont tell her that. Im going to talk about what we talked about last night.

She said that she is still hurt about what was said during the break up because I blew up and told her basically to f*** off but I apologized. She said that she is not ready to hold my hand or let me touch her like I used to when we were together. However she kissed me on the lips twice last night and she held on to me tight before she went home last night. She said that its gonna take a bit until she opens up again because she is still hurt. But heres my problem...

I have a problem with not believing that she still wants to try and that she is just doing this to keep me as a friend. Main reason I do is because she tells me that we may or may not work out but she is willing to try. I keep asking her if she wants to try but everytime she gets frustrated and says if I didnt want to try I wouldnt be on a date with you right now. She has told all her friends and family that we are trying to work things out. And she still says she loves me on the phone or before she leaves or i leave. So I need major advice so that I dont keep worrying and I relax to know that she does want me back.

I have also been repeatedly asking questions like "Would you ever move back in?", "Do you think we will get back together?", "Will you ever accept the same engagement ring back?"... She gets upset and says "Idk, I just dont know." I feel like im pushing her further away when I ask that.

Quote Originally Posted by HarrisraTx View Post
    I really love her and I never wanted her to hang out with her friends...
    Is that love? It sounds like you are uber insecure. You blew up on her? She should have blown up on you.

You need to talk to her, discuss expectations, goals, etc. Her spending a night or two a week with friends is fine, same goes for you.