+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Climbing the slippery slope

Climbing the slippery slope

We all know my story; I would like to ask advice on a new life.

As I struggle with my ex and its story, I met a woman on Wednesday that blew my mind in everyway. She was awesome in my eyes. Her laugh, her smile, everything. She laughed with me, she high fived me, she leaned on me....she was like no one else I had ever met. Ever. And I am 40. That says something.

I emailed her and told her I would offer to take her to lunch next time I am around her yard (we work for the same city). She said Ok, hahahahha. I emailed back and said that I was serious! She said so was she!

I then said well then I guess I should find an excuse to come by her yard soon! She said to let her know when I am around. I said I could be there on Tuesday. She said she'd let me know if she'd be at that yard that day.

That was Thursday around lunch. It is Sunday. I havent heard from her but I havent contacted her either. I cant stand anymore rejection; this woman really took me by surprise. I have never been smitten by someone like this in 40 years.

I am between just telling her forget it to save any pain of rejection that may ensue or maybe emailing her to ask if Tuesday still works.

I really dont want anymore heartbreak but I REALLY want to get back out there. And I was really taken with her. It took me by complete surprise.

Any idea what to do?

Todd

Any idea what to do?
    Yes!
    First: Put on the breaks. You're going on like you're already going to be heart broken if this woman turns you down. You don't even know her and just because she laughed with you and leaned into her does not make her amazing or a good person in general. It makes her someone with a good sense of humour and perhaps a balance problem at worst and a bit of a flirt at best.

Give it until Monday when she gets into her yard and sees her schedule. If she doesn't contact you then contact her one more time and make is specific like "so are we on for lunch on Tuesday?" Then wait to see what she comes back with. If she doesn't come back with anything then shrug your shoulders and pat yourself on the back for having the confidence to ask her out and the abundance mentality to know that this was just an opportunity lost ~ Her opportunity not your's and there will certainly be more that laugh with you and lean into you who have a great smile in your immediate future.

R. E. L. A. X.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 31-10-11 at 05:58 AM. Reason: changed a word :)
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

I felt great joy that I actually asked someone for lunch (date, whatever). I got off the internet dating and met an actual person. I guess, whatever it may be, I got out of my own way.
    I am quite thrilled about that!

And thank you. As always.

Well...I got what I figured was coming; the blow off. Late afternoon email about a sudden meeting tomorrow. Oh well. Cant say i didnt expect it nor am I upset about it. I didnt expect to bat .1000 so soon off the singles bench anyway. I do have some momentum from this experience and I will gain from it. Getting our of my comfort-zone is, well, uncomfortable!!!

One time I saw this girl, she was really beautiful and great and I was like "oh man, I gotta get this girl". But I'm really shy, so my friend was like "just go ask her man, the worst she can say is no". So I went up and I'm like "Heyy, I'm Greg, I just wanted to see if maybe you'd wanna go out sometime" and she was like "get away from me, you loser". I think you're breaking the rules there sweetheart.

But honestly, I would just email her like you said and ask her if tuesday is still okay. You haven't got anything to lose, and the worst she can say is no.

Edit: Didn't see your last post before I posted this, my bad. But you seem to be just fine, and I'm sure you'll meet a few more girls in your life who you want to see again.
    Last edited by Lifetime; 05-11-11 at 12:04 PM.