+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Found out GF cheated on me. Dont know how to confront her.

Found out GF cheated on me. Dont know how to confront her.

Hi all.

Basicaly this is a hard one for me. I dont know how to go about telling my GF that i know what she has done. She left her Facebook logged in on my laptop. I know i shoudnt of but i coudnt help myself but to look through her messages. I found this message from a guy basicaly saying. ' You where a mess last night in the club you was kissing me and your ex' etc etc. Then convo continiued with quite a bit of flirting and all of that stuff. I want to bring it up but i dont know how to go about it as she will flip out that i have been on her facebook. I hope this makes sense and i hope someone can help me out on this if anyone has any ideas on how to go about this

Thank you.

Underitall

she messed up, left facebook up u went to check your shit and BOOM found it. tell her to go enjoy the other guy...when she denies is print it out and give it to her. they make new women everyday and you dont need to stay with a drunk kisser cuz it leads to other shit. peace her.

Just tell her straight up since I'm sure after this, you wouldn't want to be with her.
    A girl like that would always going to do something behind your back when she get drunk.

Confront her and dump her. She can have her new squeeze, and cheat on him too.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Yes, you snooped. Snooping is bad. For shame.

There, now that that is out of the way, tell her that you saw that conversation and you think it might be time for the two of you to go your separate ways.

Or, better yet, why even bother telling her that you know. Just break up with her, offer no explanation other than you don't think you are right for each other, and move on. That way you won't have to worry about any of it.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

Snooping, as a few have put it, is certainly controversial. I went through the exact same thing Underitall - she left herself logged on, I saw recent messages of a certain erotic nature and found out things I wish I hadn't.

Here's the crux of the matter - if you found out seriously revolting and upsetting things through snooping (like cheating), then it was worthwhile, rather than potentially wasting even further time with a deceitful person. That's a bad thing? No.

There's a popular saying - 'You're not angry I went behind your back, you're angry you got caught', with some variations. If she tries to hold it against you, what defence has she got? She's a cheating turd, and you're the bad guy for finding out through 'controversial' means? Nevermind the fact that you went through her messages without a motive - it was sheer randomness with an unhappy ending.

I personally think it was worthwhile and could only benefit you. You saved yourself from emotional heartbreak further down the line. Especially if you had later found out by seeing her with another person or finding his underwear or some cliché like that, because now you have time to prep' and plan how to go about it.

Be confident and do what you think is best. I agree with your actions, but that may be because I went through the same thing. (For the record, my girl took full responsibility, and feared she had messed things up).
    Last edited by throzen; 01-11-11 at 02:13 AM.

i kinda went thru this but i had other facts or gut feelings somthing was off. so i told a gf i felt somthing was wrong and we need to talk. she got very nasty and said somthing is wrong and would talk to me later at night. i refused and called it down to the guy she was with, 2 days later she was out on her own. she will loose you and she will loose the other guy. always happens and ive watched is 1st hand. you gf cant comunicate, thats why shes chosen to take this route. be thankful it didnt go on longer. i found out after 3 weeks of things just not adding up but the kicker was our mechanic was a friend of our and we would talk to him outside of work...put your foot down and dont be her door mate, she didnt respect you but once you kick her ass to the curb she will.

my ex ended up kissin my ass paying all my bills for 8 months and buying me food....get the upper hand and make her respect you!

Its not snooping if she left it up. You need not to worry about what she feels. She cheated on you. It shouldn't matter if she blows up. You need to get out now before you get yourself wrapped up in her and the "it will never happen agains' My ex fiance cheated on me several times. He would hid his cell phone in the most ridiculous places and act weird when he was doing something he wasn't supposed to and being unfaithful. Those kinda people will turn it around on you and try to make it your fault. Get out.